Sign in to follow this  
nauc

RLs question

Assuming you have the room for the box and sufficient amplifier power; Yes.

i think mike recommends all his drivers for home use anyways. man i would love to put a rl-p12 in a pc audio system hehe

All SoundSplinter drivers are suitable for either home or car use. The Supreme series is geared towards home use because it requires significantly larger enclosures and more power. If you have the drive to throw nearly 50lbs of woofer in your car, along with a fairly large enclosure (check the webapges for info on size recommendations) and 1kW or more @ 4ohms, then by all means knock yourself out (or just crank up the volume and let the woofer do it for ya)!

The RL-s is admittedly a bit of overkill for the mobile audio environment ;)

The RL-s is admittedly a bit of overkill for the mobile audio environment ;)

Lol i think my 2 rl-i 10s are are enough, i can't imagine the RL-s is in a good box with lots of power. whens that group buy for the 8"s? i can just buy 6 of those.

Really tryin' to get those 8's cranked out sooner rather than later but the retooling is taking much longer than expected. Until we get the new cone and surround from the machinest there is not much we can do to expedite the process. At this point, I would estimate 4 more weeks, but it is always hard to say until you have all your parts in hand and the production has been slated.

I'm workin' on it!

well i plan on getting 2 rl-s12's and slapping them in a 4th order bandpass....the 2 will be in a common 2.25cubes sealed chamber playing into a 1.59 ported chamber

as far as port...it will be 45square inches and 15deep giving me a tuned freq of 63hz....i know i will get flammed 4 doing this...but i'm going to do it...yes sq will go out the window but guess what...i have the wood available to do it

but thats just to see what it does in that application...but i will also put 2 of them in a big sealed box ...3.622cubes for one..and see how that go's

just telling u guys what i plan on doing

Really tryin' to get those 8's cranked out sooner rather than later but the retooling is taking much longer than expected.  Until we get the new cone and surround from the machinest there is not much we can do to expedite the process.  At this point, I would estimate 4 more weeks, but it is always hard to say until you have all your parts in hand and the production has been slated.

I'm workin' on it!

Hooray for 8's!

Kind of sucks about the 4 more weeks though, but I guess that will give me plenty of time to make a box or 2 for when they arrive.