aimone

fans in my amp enclosure help

so i got a 4' x 8' sheet of 3/4 plexi for free the other day so im using some of it to enclose my amp. im wondering where i should mount my fans i have 2 4" fans and im wondering how should i mount and wire them. 1 in each end? wired one pushes and one pulls? or both pulling air in? and ill add 2 more when i find some more

OWell when I used fans to cool my amps I used them to push the hot air off of the amp or rather I pointed thefans at my heat sink fins

Use one fan to push the hot air off of the amp and the other one to pull the hot air off

Get what I am saying

Also wire the fans in parellel provided they are 12volt fans also make sure to use a relay

Feel free to check out my build logs to see how I used my fans in my 2 setups

ill have to see what voltage they are.they came out of computers. i've had one in half built rack i was working on b4 i got the plexi and i had it hook + to the remote on amp and the - to the ground and its worked great for like 2 weeks. but ill peep the build log

I agree with crazykenkid, 1 as push and 1 as pull. Used this before with a plexi amp cover worked great. Good Luck!

And thank that person for the 4' x 8' sheet of 3/4" plexi. That's expensive stuff.

my aunts neighbor moved and told my aunt she could have the washer and dryer in the garage. i stopped by as they were movin it and my uncle said hey u want a full sheet of plexi? its like 3/4 ya just gotta get it down outta the rafters. i said HELL YEA! strapped that bitch to the roof of my car and bounced. i wasnt gonna tell em how much that sheet would cost

my aunts neighbor moved and told my aunt she could have the washer and dryer in the garage. i stopped by as they were movin it and my uncle said hey u want a full sheet of plexi? its like 3/4 ya just gotta get it down outta the rafters. i said HELL YEA! strapped that bitch to the roof of my car and bounced. i wasnt gonna tell em how much that sheet would cost

Fuck yeah man! I woulda done the same thing.

Oh yeah, my stetsom uses the push pull method and that's inside the amp. I figure the same configuration would be good outside the amp also

AWESOME find !!! use it wisely. :drink40:

ohh yeah gonna use it very wisely....all my buddies and cousins keep tryin to get me to use it for dumbshit

im gonna use some for the top and sides of my amp cover maybe with the saz1500 guts showin lol

and saving the rest until i get a different car and upgrade to 2 15's and and build a nice box with multiple windows or sumthin lol

Keep in mind hot air rises, so I'd recommend putting the inlet fan down low on the rack & the outlet fan up high. (assuming the amp rack is vertical)

You can also put both fans down low to force cool air into the amp rack, and leave the top open (or have equally sized outlets) for the heated air to easily escape.

Use the amp remote to trigger a relay, and run the fans off the relay.

If you only have one amp, do them in a push-pull like you said aimed right down the fins or top of the amp.

its just 1 saz-1500d currently its mounted on/in a temporary rack/enclosure between my front seats. why there? you may ask.

1. my car is a leaky ol bitch and thats the safest place where it wont get wet.

2. im still tuning here and there with the ssf, hpf, and gain so thats easy access

3. its worth more then i paid for the car so it gives me sumthing sexy to look at lol(my ol' lady is jealous of my system)

so its just gonna be a few inches bigger then my amp. two fans in each end. was just gonna gank a couple more out of some junk computers. but im thinking ill probably end up buying some clear comp. fans that are lit up.

i've also been looking at these:

http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/1331967/vpcsid/0/SFV/30046

what would be the best idea for cutting this plexi?

o wow fancy fans! and expensive!

Keep in mind look at the cfm it is 54

an 80mm pc fan is about 40 cfm

and a 120mm pc fan is about 80 cfm

and 120mm case fans cost about 23$ for a decent one

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3478786&CatId=494

with my fan build I just used 4 80mm fans (2-saz2500) and I haven't had a single issue with over heating at all. (knock on wood) lol and my 80mm fans costed about 11 each! (plus they turn on with a pretty blue color just like the SAZ turn on lights same color)

as for cutting plexy best idea i have found is to c-clamp it to a pice of a 2x4 and use a zip wheel on it! but 3/4 thick i don't know that is tuff stuff! maybe take it to a shop and see if you can use there band saw! taht would be the best and fastest way to cut it!