eggyhustles

Anyone running pro audio?

Well, the car is in the shop getting a new transmission(6 speed ftw) and a comptech supercharger installed, and i got to thinking...it's time to make my front stage louder.

I've got my setup reinstalled and been tuning it myself for the past couple months and it just isn't loud enough for me. I went over to the local hood shop and heard a setup in a maxima that had 1 10" electro voice mid in the door, b&c mid in the kick and a selenium super tweet in the a pillar and it sounded AMAZING.

Not only that, it was loud enough to keep up with 3 10" l7's in a 4th order bandpass box.

Now i have the itch to try out pro audio drivers.

Specs are in the sig but there's been 2 changes

The dnx9140 is out...was replaced by an alpine w900. The kenwood was a much better deck but the blue tooth sucked....i liked the way the alpine played music wirelessly from my iphone with no hiccups.

Tang bang w3's blew and i replaced them with the w3 from an old logitech speaker set.

3sixty.2 is still in, but i kinda want the new jbl ms-8...will pick it up as soon as i can figure out where to install that small lcd.

Thoughts?

I caught the itch too. :drink40:

I have a pair of Selenium 8", 6" and 350ST's sitting on my desk to play around with. I have too many projects going on at once, but my plan is this weekend to experiment with them. I plan to add 2 more 18's and another GP3000D and the Dynaudio wont stand a chance. :(

If I like them, I am going to fill the doors. Obviously loud and clear is the goal.

I will let you know what I think.

I do have my eyes on some of the B&C drivers and the NX-5 tweeters too, so if I don't love the Selenium then I will try those too.

Yup, loud and clean was my goal, too.

Sub wise..it's insanely loud so that isn't an issue. I have to keep the bass knob @ 1/4...anything over that and the front stage gets completely drowned out.

So far i have my eyes on these 2 drivers

doors

http://www.usspeaker.com/B&C-10nw64-1.htm

kick

http://www.usspeaker.com/B&C-8PE21-1.htm

one of my favorite installs. sound so good in person, a pair of eminence delta 10's and a pair of st350's

Yup, I was looking at those too. They look to be a big step up from the Selenium, but I wanted to start off with a smaller initial investment before I go all out on something I may not even like.

We are prolly looking for the same thing, something that has some nice punch, gets loud as shit, and does not make you want to rip your ears off on the highs. I know this prolly is not the forum for these type set ups, but hopefully some members with experience will chime in.

one of my favorite installs. sound so good in person, a pair of eminence delta 10's and a pair of st350's

Ha Ha, you know those Florida boys got the highs.

:drink40:

Yup, I was looking at those too. They look to be a big step up from the Selenium, but I wanted to start off with a smaller initial investment before I go all out on something I may not even like.

We are probably looking for the same thing, something that has some nice punch, gets loud as shit, and does not make you want to rip your ears off on the highs. I know this probably is not the forum for these type set ups, but hopefully some members with experience will chime in.

Funny you say that..i ended up with the sls 8's and the w3's off of recommendations from Diyma smh

As far the money goes, i feel i really need to step up to get what i want...

I spend close to 200 for the sls 8's and the w3's so i didn't take that much of a loss

I may just end up tossing the 8's in the rear deck anyway.

I have JBL 2118H's, but for a partially different reason.

If you are looking to purchase quality performing pro audio, the B&C are generally good. Off hand 18sound and JBL also produce well performing higher sensitivity drivers. They can get spendy though.

that's exactly what i want.

It depends if you want to go the cheap route or expensive route, when it comes to PA speakers most will go the cheap route when going with multiple speaker set ups (2 or 4 per or more per door). Now if you want to go the expensive route then you will probably just doing one speaker and tweeter per door. Its not that expensive but a single driver will and can cost you up from $100-200, depending on your needs/power and size.

Brands include: Faital Pro, Whip Audio, EV, Selenium, Eminence, Soundstream, Hertz SV/ST Line, Audiopipe, Power Acoustik, Beyma, B&C, Crescendo just to name a few.

www.usspeaker.com

www.parts-express.com

These are a few sites that I use to get my speakers and look at different brands and selections.

I'm just looking to do 1 per door

big mid in the door

possibly a mid in the kick

and a 3 incher in the a pillar

If i can get a mid in the kick that can play high, i'll just leave the w3's in the a pillar.

The car is a daily driver so i don't want it to look like an spl car.

I'm jealous..this is what i want!!!!!!!

it took some years but pro audio in cars is spreading out everywhere. you really caint beat it when you got it set up right. cresendo is gonna have some nasty pro audio stuff for the low too

it took some years but pro audio in cars is spreading out everywhere. you really caint beat it when you got it set up right. cresendo is gonna have some nasty pro audio stuff for the low too

yeah i would have bought my speakers from crescendo but they were taking too long. In May Navid said they would be there in 30 days. Its the middle of july now.

I'm running some pro audio stuff ;-)

But in a much larger capacity than you probably want. :dance:

proceed-cat.jpg

proceed-cat.jpg

LMAO!

Yeah come on man, share.

yeah i would have bought my speakers from crescendo but they were taking too long. In May Navid said they would be there in 30 days. Its the middle of july now.

Definitely not his fault but that is what happens when your wanting a product that is not even out yet, there will be all types of hold ups so thats why they give you an ETA (estimated time of arrival).

OP one thing your gonna want to do is decide what you want and then choose speakers, the hard part is deciding what size speakers and the placement.

Possible routes i may go with

10 in the door

6 in the kick

3 in the a pillar

8 in the door

6 in the kick

super tweet in the a pillar

OR

10 in the door

Horn under the dash.

If that 3" is not a pro audio driver then I wouldnt mix it with your intentions because 9 times out of 10 it will be unheard. I like the last two options better.

I personally wouldnt use those, they will be drowned out by your other drivers all day.

Get a super tweeter like the ST200 or ST350, but good luck putting it in the dash. They are quite large.

Doesn't seem that much bigger than the w3

The magnet on the w3 is massive for such a small speaker