Sign in to follow this  
imhungnurnot

SAZ 2500 fuse?

So I got my 2500D, and I just realized that it doesn't have an internal fuse. So what to do? Fuse the + lead about a foot from the amp?

Why doesn't it have a built in fuse anyway? Just wondering.

So I got my 2500D, and I just realized that it doesn't have an internal fuse. So what to do? Fuse the + lead about a foot from the amp?

Thats about right i belive. atleast i did it on my brothers amp, which is an ground zero 1800w rms...

i would to atleast 2 feet...

Because it needs 250 amps of fusing - that is alot of fuses to put in an amp :)

Also it is an SPL competition amp and when you run an amp down really low it tends to blow internal fuses.

Yes, fuse it shortly before the amp.

Because it needs 250 amps of fusing - that is alot of fuses to put in an amp :)

Also it is an SPL competition amp and when you run an amp down really low it tends to blow internal fuses.

Yes, fuse it shortly before the amp.

Ahhh I SEE! lol, I'll be running the SAZ 2500 along with the SAX 100.4. So should I fuse my power wire off of my battery under the hood with a 300 amp fuse assuming i'll have that amperage available? (which I won't until I get an alternator, but i have a Deka Intimidator 9a31 in the back for now).

The real question is can you starve your amps of power if you don't have a big enough fuse on the power wire?

Edited by Im Hung N ur Not

nope you will just blow the fusing, if you feel you need 300a then do it but if jacob says you can do 250a then thats what i would do man

nope you will just blow the fusing, if you feel you need 300a then do it but if jacob says you can do 250a then thats what i would do man

Well yea, a 250 by the amp and a 300 coming off the the battery under the hood. Just for the fact that i'll be running the 100.4 off of the same power wire

Well yea, a 250 by the amp and a 300 coming off the the battery under the hood. Just for the fact that i'll be running the 100.4 off of the same power wire

thats just fine.

Yeah that 300A should be fine by the battery since your highs amp wont be pulling that much amperage when playing and your sub amp wont be at 300A all the time neither.

fuse for your wire at the battery, if you have 1/0 that is only good for 250 amps @ 20' fuse for that, if you have some really nice OFC 1/0 that should handle ~375 amps. then the power for the amp fuse for the amp, then fuse the 4ga going to the 100.4 if you want but should be fine with its fusing. all ways fuse for your wire then you can step it down as you need.

To bad my I'm cellphone-less and you can't text me. lol

To bad my I'm cellphone-less and you can't text me. lol

Damn, I forgot.. I been sending you texts.. lol let me know when you get your phone

fuse for your wire at the battery, if you have 1/0 that is only good for 250 amps @ 20' fuse for that, if you have some really nice OFC 1/0 that should handle ~375 amps. then the power for the amp fuse for the amp, then fuse the 4ga going to the 100.4 if you want but should be fine with its fusing. all ways fuse for your wire then you can step it down as you need.

OFC 1/0? What does OFC mean? I have Streetwires 1/0. Will OFC be printed on the insulator coating of the wire if it is indeed "OFC" wire?

it should be if it is, OFC is Oxygen free copper, or 99% copper. other wise its CCA (copper clad aluminium) witch doesn't handle the same amount of current. you may want to look up your wire and see what they rate it at.

Sign in to follow this