Sign in to follow this  
Maddenkid2011

Fi BL 15" Box Design

to tune it higher you can shorten the port leghth but i'm not 100% on how much id say around 2"-2.5"

to tune it higher you can shorten the port leghth but i'm not 100% on how much id say around 2"-2.5"

Correct. If you wanted to tune a tad higher, i would do 2" longer than what it shows in the diagram and you would be fine.

Correct. If you wanted to tune a tad higher, i would do 2" longer than what it shows in the diagram and you would be fine.

wouldn't the longer the port the lower the tune ??? you mean shorten the port 2" shound raise the tune aprox 2-3 hrz

Edited by icy_chris

wouldn't the longer the port the lower the tune ??? you men shorten the port 2" shound raise the tune aprox 2-3 hrz

Yep, thanks for the correction. 2" SHORTER will raise you 1.5-2 hz

no problem

Thanks, I'm also gonna have to make up for the subs different displacements right? i imagine the cubes on the Icon box is with the icons displacement

yes the more your sub takes up the higher the tune will go

i'm not sure on how much it will affect the tunning tho

it's only different by0.02 so it's going to affect it by probly .5 hz

so if you take 2" off the port and with the bl the tuning will ba really close to 33-34hz

Don't take 2" off the port it won't change that much, you need to take more like 15" off to get the enclosure to 3.52ft^3 @ 33hz.

Don't take 2" off the port it won't change that much, you need to take more like 15" off to get the enclosure to 3.52ft^3 @ 33hz.

So instead of 20.5 inches of port length, use 5ish?

Everything the same just change the piece in the picture to the length shown.

Icon15smallportedenclosure3.png

For a BL i would use a double baffle. Not doing the 45's will change the enclosure entirely, from box volume to port length, which both will have an effect on tuning.

Do they just help durability? And will i just have to lengthen the port length to make up for the 45's area?

I would suggest finding a way to make them.

How do i figure out how the tuning will be affected?

Figure you net volume and plug it into a calculator and see what it is.. If you want it to be tuned a little higher, take a inch or two off of the port then. Now recalculate the net volume (will be larger than before), and plug it into a calculator. If its tuned too high for your liking, do the same process, just take off less port length in the beginning :drink40: