Bob345

12 Dcon for home theater?

Just woundering if a 12" Dcon would work well in a home theater system. It would be in a seald box powered by a 250 watt Dayton plate amp. Andanother question, can you get the Dcon without the logo on the dustcap? Caus I want to go with a real clean look.

Just woundering if a 12" Dcon would work well in a home theater system. It would be in a seald box powered by a 250 watt Dayton plate amp. Andanother question, can you get the Dcon without the logo on the dustcap? Caus I want to go with a real clean look.

Is there a particular reason you want to run sealed in HT? If you have the room for the box, build it tuned in the low 20's and you should be pretty happy. If you do go sealed however, you will most likely need to add some EQ to the bottom end to hear it.

Is there a particular reason you want to run sealed in HT? If you have the room for the box, build it tuned in the low 20's and you should be pretty happy. If you do go sealed however, you will most likely need to add some EQ to the bottom end to hear it.

well I want to run it seald mostly because it will have a flatter response and one very important thing I left out is it will mostly play music. I guess " home theater" isn't realy the correct way to explain what I want to do.

Edited by Bobobass

The Dcon is not that peaky ported. Tune it very low for HT and the response will be pretty flat across the board. Mark had a pair of Dcon 10's in a hybrid horn from PTS off a Crown 1000, and they were nuts.

I agree with the above comments, ported tuned to low 20's and you'll be very happy :)

Alright then, how does a 2 cubic foot box at 25 hz sound.

Alright then, how does a 2 cubic foot box at 25 hz sound.

The optimal setup for a 12" dcon would be 2.25cuft, but 2cuft would still be good :) 25hz sounds good.

Let us know how it goes and post a video, me like pictures too :P

Will do! Il have pics up as soon as I get the sub.il probably make a build log in the home audio section so keep an eye out. Thanks for your help!

I am a huge fan of sealed, myself, but the DCon wants to be ported in every way. The high BL and very low Qts scream for ported. While i haven't computed the EBP I am positive even if you use the classic formula for selecting the alignment for the driver, it will beg for ported

I am a huge fan of sealed, myself, but the DCon wants to be ported in every way. The high BL and very low Qts scream for ported. While i haven't computed the EBP I am positive even if you use the classic formula for selecting the alignment for the driver, it will beg for ported

Bingo!

It is nice and laid back sealed, but it shines ported. :)

I thought those were ICON 10's Aaron?

I thought he had both, two different boxes.

I thought he had both, two different boxes.

Let it be both! Haha