JoeHemi57

Help, box design for eclipse alum 10"

I just got a new eclipse SW8102DVC alum and i want to get a ported box for it. I used a calculator on another forum and got 1.93ft @26 hz. This can't be right. Eclipse tech support told me 1.75 @40hz. If anybody has any experience with these, please help!!!

40hz is a bit high for most peoples liking.

If you are good at math use the formula on JL's site for slot pots

I have a pair, and I have always prefered them sealed, but you can try ported, good luck

40hz is a bit high for most peoples liking.

If you are good at math use the formula on JL's site for slot pots

i like slot pots also :)

and if eclipse told you 40hz, its for a reason, but a little lower would not hurt

and if eclipse told you 40hz, its for a reason, but a little lower would not hurt

Indeed a reason, but it might be that they assume everyone wants a "boom box" unless otherwise specified.

If you are really concerned about lowering the tuning frequency email Eclipse direct and ask them. It would be fun to test their customer service anyway. Make sure that you include what you like to listen too and what you want the sub to do--that might help us here too.

Well i've got Kent building a box thats 1.5ft with around a 32hz tuning. I'll try and give a review in about a week or so when i get everything installed.

box will be shipped tomorrow after i get home from work!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

we want pix

I should have the majority of everything in by the weekend. Its gonna be a very clean looking install.

:rockwoot::rockwoot:

Well since my amp kit won't be in til tuesday i won't have any pics for a while longer. I'm doing inventory at work so hopefully i can come up with some install time soon.

is the box finished?

Yeah the box is done and i have everything here but i've been working over 60hrs a week and haven't had time to get it installed. I've got inventory on the 22nd of this month but after that i should have some free time to get it done. Btw Kent does awesome work and i would definitely recommend him for the novices with boxbuilding like myself.

yeah, he is a great craftsman, but good luck

Btw Kent does awesome work and i would definitely recommend him for the novices with boxbuilding like myself.

thanks man!

enjoy the box!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: