C_LaFlare863

Avalanche 18" That unfortunetly I blew out

I didnt realize i had the gains up so high on this 1600 watt amp i got for the sub. LOL I know I need a recone kit cuz now no bass will play... not sure if i destroyed everything though? I know the cone is probably fried going to need new one but im going to have to call the speaker builder and ask if i need a complete rebuild kit.... but next time im going sealed :) wandering though can the avalanche handle 1000 watts as a daily driver?

cuz i wanna know about how much wattage to give it and how should it be tuned? do i need an eq or some type of epicenter think its called where you can adjust what note frequencys your sub hits... (like 18,000-22,000 hrtz for low bass?)

thanks cuz its worth 85 bucks or so to repair this sub the low notes always sounded clean :)

Don't get an epicenter...you'll really fry speakers then.

A subwoofer should only play from 20-80Hz.

Realistically...that's a 600 watt sub at tops..just because of how short the coil has to be to work. No issue in getting a recone kit for it though. Are you wanting to send it in to have it done or are you wanting to do it yourself?

well i dont know how to fix it but my dad an electrical engineer i can drive to his house have him do it on his workbench..... I just dunno what I AM A do with the 1600 watt one LOL I traded a 500 watt power acoustik amp for the one i have now and my boy is now usin my old amp for his mids.... Think i just need to buy another amp maybe a 600 watt amp lol if thats the tops dam.... I heard people can get over 130 db and sh1t though with the avalanche its just an extremely effiecient driver evidently.... once i can afford it ill probably just move the avalanche to the living room but for the time being im going to have the people at acsendant design a seal box for me so i can take the dimensions to my speaker shop down the road.... need some bass though homie for school starting back in a couple weeks, have to STUNT !!! :) :)

I didnt realize i had the gains up so high on this 1600 watt amp i got for the sub. LOL I know I need a recone kit cuz now no bass will play... not sure if i destroyed everything though? I know the cone is probably fried going to need new one but im going to have to call the speaker builder and ask if i need a complete rebuild kit.... but next time im going sealed :) wandering though can the avalanche handle 1000 watts as a daily driver?

cuz i wanna know about how much wattage to give it and how should it be tuned? do i need an eq or some type of epicenter think its called where you can adjust what note frequencys your sub hits... (like 18,000-22,000 hrtz for low bass?)

thanks cuz its worth 85 bucks or so to repair this sub the low notes always sounded clean :)

Are you serious? :puzzled:

I need to know what 18 to buy next though i want to probably go back to acesndant audio for it

Just get your avalanche reconed. its a great sub. you just have to be responsible!! :peepwall:

can i keep my 1600 watt amp and just have a stereo shop tune it properly to where its only drawing 600 or so watts from the amp?

Dont take it to a shop and let them charge you. Just turn the gain down. You can hear when the subwoofer is being pushed to hard

Yeah turn down the amp. Im sure even if you take it to a shop they will do the tuning by ear. The same you can do and not get charged for it.

I ran my avalanche at around 1000-1200 watts and it did fine, just all depends on how you set the amp and how big and what kind of box it's in. I'd definably get it re-coned, they are sweet subs.

or sell it !! if u dont know how to use subs :drink40: