Sign in to follow this  
idlewild

making room for baby!

subrack.th.jpg

subrack6.th.jpg

This was my original set up. The box was 1.6cuft plus port and tuned to 33Hz. The piece on the right was my amp rack. One problem though with a baby on the way, I need room for the car seat and stroller and I also need to be able to remove the sub for extra space with out loosing all my music! So i built something a little different

img00096.th.jpg

img00097p.th.jpg

img00099c.th.jpg

img00100d.th.jpg

img00101k.th.jpg

Counter sunk sub cut out using 3/4" MDF sandwhiched with 1/2" MDF

img00212z.th.jpg

Metal grill insert to allow heat to disapate. The amps have been moved into a false floor to free up more space

img00211.th.jpg

img00213.th.jpg

img00215.th.jpg

img00214.th.jpg

img00218.th.jpgThe new box is 2.6 cuft tuned to 33Hz and goes stupid low! It's not finished yet, got some finishing touches left but i think you get the picture. Any suggestions or comments are valuable, so feel free!

looks like a nice enclosure....thanks for sharing the size of the first box. It gives me an estimate of how my next enclosure will look like in size

Ha nice, I see yo still have some cargospace. Great way to save space with amp placement

Ha nice, I see yo still have some cargospace. Great way to save space with amp placement

Thanks!yeah changing the orintation of the sub made for more useable space along with the new box being almost 4" shallower than the old one. Putting the amps in the floor also allows me to remove the sub box when needed to regain full use of the trunk(wife's orders!).

Sweet! I know the baby thing! went from 2 18's to a single 12 in 1.2 cubes to save room. Now he is 15 months old and I don't need to carry near as much. So now its 4 cubes and 2 12's. :)

I think it looks great, made room for the baby gear and gave the sub a little more room as well! :fing34:

Looks good, i think it is alot cleaner than the first box anyways. I personally didnt like the amps like that, but thats just me. And i to was ordered to keep a small enclosure for baby items. But i am hoping that since he is now 2 we can do without the stroller and pack and play everywhere go and maybe make a new box before she knows about it!!

Looks nice making space for the little one.....