Sign in to follow this  
Argent Audio

Enclosure Build for TheOne (One 15 Inch SSA Xcon)

Patiently waiting for this one. Cannot wait to hear how it sounds with me never having a ported setup before. :woot:

looks good so far!!! :drink40:

Patiently waiting for this one. Cannot wait to hear how it sounds with me never having a ported setup before. :woot:

No doubt in my my mind, Your going to love it!

No doubt in my my mind, Your going to love it!

^agreed! my friend had a box built by AA and I did also! i will never get another box somewhere else! Its ok to expect the best because you will recieve the best for sure! :werd_msword:

:drink40:

I'm curious as to what happened to the previous rounded ports?

thats an add on option, the customer probably didn't opt for it.

I'm curious as to what happened to the previous rounded ports?

The rounded over ports I don't do on enclosure I carpet, it does not come out looking as clean as I would like. I will round over the port on this one as it is not getting carpet.

Andrew

Were you talking about the flared or rounded over port opening?

Andrew

Hmm. Just where there isn't a sharp connection of the wood. It may be the flared I am talking about. I have just seen it on the majority of your enclosures.

Received the enclosure today, I was at work when it arrived and I made my wife rush home after we ate on my lunch break together so she would be there when it arrived. It arrived at our door before she made it home though, luckily it was still sitting in front of our door when she arrived or I would have been majorly pissed. The reaction I got from the wife when she had to move the package in the house was priceless.... Very well made enclosure if I may say so myself and I appreciate how well it was packaged up... it was a real pita to open because of my excitement. It was another pita getting this thing in my trunk. I was only feeding the sub around 800 watts rms and I was amazed at the output from this much power, cant even imagine what the xcon will really do when more power is applied. Glad I got a chance to try out a ported enclosure (coming from a guy who normally sticks with dual sealed enclosures). This sucka has potential to just be a single 15. Thx to Argent Audio for hooking me up with a well made enclosure and swaying me to try a ported enclosure instead of sticking with my usual (although I might sometime in the near future decide to pick up that dual sealed enclosure if I decide to go with two just to experiment).

:fing34: :fing34: :fing34:

hey im just wondering what size was this box and what did the buyer opt for. (Im getting the same sub)

He opted for the double baffle which IMO is a need on almost every 15.

I will look up the exact cubic feet and post in a bit.

Andrew

The exact measurements were:

17.5 Tall

22 Deep

31.625 Wide

3.75 @ 30 Hz

Double Baffle

plus 1 on the double baffle comment

Edited by TheOne