Sign in to follow this  
Goldberg07

1 15" Death Penalty or 2 12" Sa 12s..

ok so i have a 2002 Grand Prix GTP and i am woundering what you all think would be louder... a single 15 inch death penalty or 2 12 inch Sa 12s... 15 ported at about 27htz and the 12s bout 32htz open to any suggestions. thank you in advanced. i have a sundown SAE-1200 DV2 and i have the big 3 done...

Edited by Goldberg07

Tune that DP higher than 27hz.

ok well im not sure on what i would really tune to but i am looking for it to get as loud as possible... and what would you say to tune it to if i went with a DP??

opps i messed up ment death row not death penalty... my budget isnt that hig lookin to spend round 400 max

opps i messed up ment death row not death penalty... my budget isnt that hig lookin to spend round 400 max

Here is what IA recommends ....

Death Row Series 15 -

Sealed Not Recommended

Ported - 2.75 cubes - 4.0 cubes, 36 - 64 Inches of Port, 32-37 Hz

Average - 3.25 cubes, 50 inches, 32-37 Hz

The higher you tune the louder it will be, 27hz will kill on the lows but will miss out on a lot of output. IMO 32-35 HZ is perfect amount of output VS low end. You could tune higher.. it would be loud, but you'd miss out on the low end.

ok thanks... now what would be louder 2 sa 12s or a single 15 inch Death row??

More cone area is almost always going to be louder in a comparable install. So most likeley 2 12s if you are looking to get as loud as possible. I had a GP for 8 years and did plenty of custom work to it. if at all possible, port it through the rear deck. I had pretty good results, and very minimal trunk rattle. Just my .02.

More cone area on the 12's would potentially be louder with the right setup. Good choice on the amp.