RollinOn23z

04 xxx 18 enclosure size?

anyone know the recomended ported box size or if you own one what size and frequency for tuning u use im thinkin maybe a khaotik enclosure but cant find box specs

When I got my first one I was running mine in 7.5 cubes after displacement tuned to 27 hz. I'm not sure I would go with a Khaotik enclosure though. Just for the fact that the XXX weighs so much and mounting it to .75" piece of mdf might not hold it up. IDK though. I had mine firing up and porting back with a double baffle and a couple of blocks on the inside for the magnet to rest on when mounted just to be safe. I also used 1/4" thread rods for bracing the box. I tend to overbuild though, but that never hurts.

Edited by Teampapi79

khaotiks double baffled but they tune at 33hz and most people seem to be tuning in the 20s including you how did it sound at 27hz trying to get a couple of opinions cuz i dont know the enclosure specs for the sub

oh ur right its double baffle but only mounting to 1 3/4 peice of mdf

Why do you want to tune so low ? :suicide-santa:

30-33 hz should be really good for music !

I actually just looked back at an old video I have of just the one. I was in 10 cubes at 27 hz and it killed the lows. Sounded great doing it too. I would rock RE XXX again if I had the electrical to back them. The old ones though. Not the new ones.

ya im thinkin between 30 and 32hz. will there be much of a difference what will i gain from 30 over 32 and vice versa

Not much a difference audibly.