Mrwatermelonjoe

FI BL in Rx8?

Hey guys i have a 05 Rx8 and im ready to put a system in it. The rx8 has probably the smallest trunk in the world haha. i was wondering if i can put the FI BL 12 ported in a 1.5^3 ported box. or should i just get a 1 12 Fi Q sealed in a 1.5^3. i was also looking at the new Re Se-x, will 2 12 se-x be louder then the 1 12 Fi Q?

thanks you.

Edited by Music4Life

if your worried about space. post your max dimensions and im sure someone would sketch a box and If your only lookin at 1.5 i would suggest a bl 10

In most cases cone area/more power wins. If your looking for a sub with great sq and gets loud while doing it the Q is the way to go, but one of the main things this forum stresses is your goals. What are you running for an amp?

Sundown 1200...with what you listed as far as getting loud I'm guessing itl look like this: (2) 12 re>(1) 12 fi bl> (1) 12 fi q...if your looking to do a dual 12 set up some other woofers to look into are the SSDs by FI or some of the SSA woofers. Qs going to be the sound quality woofer but every woofer listed isn't going to sound bad by any means. Good luck with your search FI for the win though!!

why don't you want to go with a 10" or two. You would have much more room for a good sized box. and don't tell me because a 10 cannot hit low notes.

with that small trunk space it would be better to go with a 10" and a bigger box instead. You will have much better sound with a properly sized enclosure.

Look up argent audio around here, they make awesome custom sized enclosures.

No one knows.

Cone size isn't going to affect loudness

I don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Cone size Will affect how loudness, cone area is everything.

You should do SSD 10's in the optimal ported box

You either double your power or double your cone area. I'd suggest two 10's rather then a single 15" in an unexceptional box volume.

or should i just stick with 1 fi q 12. sealed of course. will that be good

with 1.5 cubic feet of play i would do a 10" ported, you could get a 10" SSA DCON or 10" FI Q in an optimal ported box of 1.25(DCON) or 1.2(Q) cubed.

check here http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/index.php/technical.html to gauge what kind of space requirements you will need per the size/ type of the sub.

try to read the stickies on the top of the forums if you haven't also... good luck

No offense man but a Q and a D-CON are polar opposite woofers lol :)

2 12 in SSDs in a 1.5? that will sound like crap. recomended 2.5 PER sub ported or 1.6 PER sub sealed. You dont have room for 2 12s if you have 1.5 cf alone. Just get 1 q 10 ported if you want SQ but still get loud or 1 BL 10 ported if you want to get loud and have sq while doing it. Plus, it's your setup, your money, buy what YOU like. People are here to help you when you have a problem not to make your choices lol.

No offense man but a Q and a D-CON are polar opposite woofers lol :)

none taken, i agree. just trying to give the OP some reference of what kinda box volume would be required..

which Fi line would be a better matchup to the D-CON? X or SSD?

Edited by bimmerboy

Who doesn't like the Q? It isn't for bassheads. It's a sound quality sub. That's why it's not recommended over other some other subs.

I got the best idea.... Take all of those options you are thinking of, buy all of the subs and build boxes for each of them, and test them one at a time.

Nobody can tell you they know for a FACT one of these setups will be louder/better than the other.