Sign in to follow this  
mrray13

15" d2 vs 15" treo ss..ssx

ok...soon i will be gettin two memphis 1500d's, so new subs will be in order as my treo ss's won't take that kind of abuse. i am thinking on getting the treo ssx's..so here are my questions..

1) how does ur sub, in your opinion, stack up to a ssx? will they take 1500 wrms?

ssx link<---scroll down to the specs link, plz

2) currently i am running two 15" treo ss's, each in their own box, 2.5ft^3, 25in^2 of port tuned to 34 hz off a memphis 1000d...how would the d2 work in similar enclosures? this is the set-up i will be competeing with in usaci, maybe db drag...would i benefit from ur d2?

i know i can go to ur website and read up on the sub, but i would like to hear ur opinion. while i understand basic stuff..the technical stuff is still alien to me. i know how well my current subs work, and they do work well...and i have listened to ssx's being pushed by 1500d's..again, i know that they work well. unfortunetly, nobody around this area has ur subs, has ever heard of ur subs(a select few thta compete has, but they are sponored by kicker) so i am in a pickle. i am wanting to maybe drive a different road, so to speak, and am wanting to try a non mainstream sub, well, possibly.

thanks for ur time on this..i appreciate it very much.

oh yeah..almost forgot.....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Edited by mrray13

So what exactly do you want to know? I haven't heard the SExxx's, so I can't comment on the Mag's performance compared to your current drivers. What, specifically, do you want to know technically about my subwoofers? We do not / will not give out SPL estimates. There are flat-out too many variables.

So what exactly do you want to know? I haven't heard the SExxx's, so I can't comment on the Mag's performance compared to your current drivers. What, specifically, do you want to know technically about my subwoofers? We do not / will not give out SPL estimates. There are flat-out too many variables.

what i am looking for is a sub that gets loud, but don't necessarly need a huge box to do it. my treo ss's are in 2.5ft^3 and tuned low....i'm not looking to set world records..just looking at getting silly loud, but sounding good too

btw..i am considering treo ssx...not the se xxx's

basicly...how ur subs compare to treo's line of subs...sql wise.

i understand about the spl estimate's..not really looking for that..just a idea if ur sub is the one i'm looking for..mostly because the treo ssx's run close to $900 each..i am looking to be a little more budget minded then that

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

well for the price of one treo ssx or whatever it was if you say it was $900 than you could get 3 magnum 12'' D2's. now i've never heard a treo ssx but i'm sure they are great drivers being they are 900 bux, but three mags will walk all over it IMO. sq: the mags are phenominal and are the best sounding woofers i've heard (only the W7 comes close). spl: ridiculously loud which is just a byproduct. go to www.caraudio.com go to the forum section and do a search and just read some of the testimonials. get a couple d2's 15'' or 12'' doesn't really matter port them to around 32hz and you'll have one hell of a setup as long as they're getting the proper amount of watts anywhere's from 600-1400 a piece. good luck.

I do not have personal experience with Treo's other than seeing them in a local shop(nice looking speakers btw)... But I can attest to the pure LSQ abilities of the D2.... Only I have the 12 ;) I had read alot on the internet about how the Mag couldn't get low, couldn't hang with the big dogs, but sounded incredible... Once it was hooked up, It was nearly too loud for my daily driving likes, and it kept up with everything I threw at it.

I do not have personal experience with Treo's other than seeing them in a local shop(nice looking speakers btw)... But I can attest to the pure LSQ abilities of the D2.... Only I have the 12 ;) I had read alot on the internet about how the Mag couldn't get low, couldn't hang with the big dogs, but sounded incredible... Once it was hooked up, It was nearly too loud for my daily driving likes, and it kept up with everything I threw at it.

Werd,preach on brother Jordan.May I add that for the money these Mags are to hard to beat,they may not have gone low enuff for Lloyd on his original SPL testing(review)but for me they do.I have mines sealed and she hits with authority and accuracy.When I get a chance I'm making a proper ported box and call it a day.Me personally ,I cant justify spending that kind of money on speakers unless I'm Bill Gates or some Richie Rich like that but thats just ME.Not knocking TREO,I have never heard or seen them in person but read alot of positive feedback on their subs.Good luck if u decide on the MAGs,u wont be disappointed

Basically what these other guys have said. :) I still can't compare the two drivers because I haven't heard the ssx's...and I actually don't know of anyone using those drivers in the lanes. :(

However, you did mention that you had around 2.5 cu. ft. ported low, and the Magnum 15's will not work well in an enclosure that small. The 15's need around 4 cubes each ported.

Werd,preach on brother Jordan.May I add that for the money these Mags are to hard to beat,they may not have gone low enuff for Lloyd on his original SPL testing(review)but for me they do.

Yes, agree with you as well, especially since my brother picked it up when they had the... Nick went crazy and lowered the price sale? I don't know what it was for, but it worked out great for me :+1: B)

Yeah...I was set on buying a pair of Mags..then Nick pulls this random sale from his butt...and the man saves me $200....