bdogg81

help with 18'' fi magnet

ok guys i bought 2 18'' btl dual 2 ohm subs from a guy that owns a shop near where i'm from, and i was told they were btl's fully loaded built back in 2007-2008 but i am not familiar with the magnets. ii was thinking somebody might know if they were older btl double stack motors? i have emailed fi but i have no number to contact them at. my main concern is what power i should be running to them if there not btl's i will include both links for the pics. thanks http://img822.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=imag0120d.jpg http://img337.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=imag0130o.jpg

Don't look like BTLs to me. I've never seen an Fi speaker with a chrome top and bottom plate. Not to sure what the motor is from.

an early fully loaded BTL would have a triple stack magnet anyway. the regular BTL was a double stack.

but the chrome plates and magnet boots also point away from Fi. id say you got lied to pretty bad. they are someone elses motors reconed with Fi soft parts. get some better pics of the motors and possibly a measurement on the diameter of the slug. they might be an older RE motor or similar

Those aren't our motors...

Not sure what to tell you. We could have reconed them years ago...

Get a refund from the guy you bought those from. That is not an fi. And the old btl was a tripple stack not double

Looks sorta like an RE HC motor but I'm not sure but not an Fi one....This an HC motor

IMG00005-20090715-2020.jpg

Looks a like a DC motor.

Get a refund from the guy you bought those from. That is not an fi.

:werd_msword:

If nothing else, print out this thread to take with you. I'd think the reply from Nick would be sufficient to require him to give you a refund.

Looks a like a DC motor.

definitely i think it resembles a level 2

Looks a like a DC motor.

You know what it does all i know this guy got ripped off.

Looks a like a DC motor.

More than a level 2 but yeah not Fi.

Looks a like a DC motor.

More than a level 2 but yeah not Fi.

im just wondering if they are an re he magnet with a fi cone what power should i run?

the magnets about 4 inches in length by 8 inches wide, the guy i got them from had a crossfire 4k on them, i currently am looking at a audiopipe 3k. hopefully that will work

Edited by bdogg81

well since it's not a btl i was wondering about the ported box specs so i build/ tune it right. i'm working with a 97 expedition and i have up to 40''s of length and 46'' of wiidth to work with and i want to tune it low if someone could come up with the measurements for the cuts that would be cool or i could paypal some cash.

well since it's not a btl i was wondering about the ported box specs so i build/ tune it right. i'm working with a 97 expedition and i have up to 40''s of length and 46'' of wiidth to work with and i want to tune it low if someone could come up with the measurements for the cuts that would be cool or i could paypal some cash.

if it's not what you want take it back!! And how much did you pay for it

yeah the seller no longer owns the shop and they were his personal subs, and i have decided i would like to keep them. the recones still have not fully broke in and the coils all metered out and i believe i can still get some decent numbers out of them.

40''length,46'' of width and 24'' of highth is the size of the trunk lol obviousley not going to use all of that i'm just trying to find out what size my cuts need to be along with the port size

they still look like strong subs hopefully they got some sack

Not sure what those are. We recone about 25 random subs a week, so they could have passed through here at one point. Or they could have been kits sent out based off of a customers dimensions... or they could have ordered any Fi kit and hoped that they would fit. Hard to say.

Look like double or triple stack of 190mm magnets... similar to old HC or maybe old Concept PT motor.

Possibly 1kW per sub RMS.

Thanks,

Scott

Not sure what those are. We recone about 25 random subs a week, so they could have passed through here at one point. Or they could have been kits sent out based off of a customers dimensions... or they could have ordered any Fi kit and hoped that they would fit. Hard to say.

Look like double or triple stack of 190mm magnets... similar to old HC or maybe old Concept PT motor.

Possibly 1kW per sub RMS.

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks guys, i'm going to go ahead and build the box@ 32 htz 12^3 and throw this audiopipe 30001 on them for now and i'll keep you guys updated