Sign in to follow this  
swagger_wagon468

What is a good price for 2 Memphis 12" PR's, 500watt PR amp, a

so, as the title says, my friend has 2 12" Memphis PR's with a 500watt RMS PR amp. in a ProBass ported box.... it is a used system. but he hardly even bumps it. so it hasnt been abused. this will be my tempoary setup untill i get money for a bigger sub and amp.

i kno he paid around $100 per sub. $299 for amp. and $150ish maybe $200 for the box.

soo, (in your your opinion) what would the...

-average price be?

-and a really good price be?

thanks alot in advance.

-jonathan

Edited by swagger_wagon468

Because he bought it new does not mean it will hold the value when trying to resell. Not saying you want to kill him since he is your friend, but a fair value on all of that equipment used would be around $300-350 I would say. Don't take my word for it, but that is my opinion.

As long as it works, I would say no more than $250 for it all!

200 sounds like a great deal for some bass! :fing34:

:No:

J/K :P

Jump on it! It's still a good deal!

haha. i thought it is too. hopefully getting it this week. but then i still need HU, comps, and amp for comps. so we will se how this goes.

[haha. i thought it is too. hopefully getting it this week. but then i still need HU, comps, and amp for comps. so we will se how this goes.

If you want a quality 4 channel take a look in the SSA Store on the possible group buy on Zed Audio built amp!

Or I could sell you a lnib Sundown 50.4!

[haha. i thought it is too. hopefully getting it this week. but then i still need HU, comps, and amp for comps. so we will se how this goes.

If you want a quality 4 channel take a look in the SSA Store on the possible group buy on Zed Audio built amp!

well my intensions were to get the ID CTX65CS comps. with the sundown 125.2 as i am not doing rear sound. and as for the HU, ill be getting the Pioneer 7200HD.

what do you think?

well my intensions were to get the ID CTX65CS comps. with the sundown 125.2 as i am not doing rear sound. and as for the HU, ill be getting the Pioneer 7200HD.

what do you think?

Sounds like a nice setup! Could always bridge the 50.4 to a 2 channel .... :D

what do you think?

Sounds like a nice setup! Could always bridge the 50.4 to a 2 channel .... :D

hmm, im still not very clear on the whole bridging thing, if i were to bridge it, how many watts rms would i be getting (to each side)?

It's easy, just follow the wiring diagram. Roughly 100 watts rms when in 2 channel mode. Plus the built in crossover network is top notch.

You could always run it active later on on a 2-way front stage.

SOO... my friend said he needs to sell his cap too. its Memphis also.1 farad. it retails at $129. (analog cap)

he wants 300$ for everything. (all memphis equipment> 1 farad cap, 2 12" PR subs, PR 500watt PR amp, ported Probass box) i need to kno if its a good deal. asap. thanks

nooooo new replies... buying the system tomoro.

2 - 12" Memphis PR subs

1 - Memphis PR 500 watt amp

1 - ProBass ported box

1 - Memphis 1 farad cap. (ive heard soooo many different opiniopns on these. but its only $50 extra. not a big deal either way... OPINIONS?!?) and its analog?. ( not digital. )

all this for $300.

opinions on cap for the extra $50.? thats the lowest he will go for it. im gettting the stuff tomoro after skool... so around 4:30pm.

thanks

-jonathan

Well, say you do the Big 3 in 1/0 and then do a run of 2 or 4 AWG to the back for the amp, the cap might not even be needed..

Other than that, seems like a good deal to me.

Edited by Nick_W

Cap isn't needed. The only thing there good for is lookin cool but that one isn't even digital so I wouldn't pay the money for it but its up to you and what you want.

so, will the cap atleast prevent headlight dimming? other than tht...whats it good for?...nothing? lol

pretty much and pulling current.

but will it prevent headlight dimming?? ... if it does, it might be worth the extra 50$...???

...should i just go the $250 route and forget the cap?

but will it prevent headlight dimming?? ... if it does, it might be worth the extra 50$...???

...should i just go the $250 route and forget the cap?

It will stop headlight dimming if you have any......those 50 bucks can go for some 0 gauge wiring for big 3 and maybe stop your dimming....more eyecandy....