Jd377

What amp for my 18" Fi SSD?...

I'm in Blue Springs near Independence.

There are just so many choices when picking an amp. I'm thinking I want to spend under 250 for this amp and then get a great one like a larger sundown after I upgrade to the BTL. I might even try to spend under $200 for this amp since its a temp. one. Are any of you guys running SSD's? What kinda Watts Rms do most people run these on? I want to get just whatever is cheap for now but still enough rms.

I'll be up there on the 20th for a DEP meeting, if you need any help with anything message me on here. :drink40:

What is the Difference between the SAZ model and the SAX model Sundown amps?.. I assumed the Saz models were for subs and worked best for 1 single sub idk? but then what is the SAX because now people are saying I should get the SAX 1200D. So is the sax the same and I could wire it to 1ohm to my single 18 ssd and have 1200wrms? Just making sure because I saw the sale on here for the sax1200d for 300 which is awesome and I would save up hard to get that if it works with single subs wired to 1ohm and can give me the 1200wrms! Sundown would be a dream come true!

If I looked at everything correctly then they are the same amplifiers.. Just newer revisions with better heatsinks just to increase cooling capacity which in turn helps with efficiency.... Understand?

:) oh so basically exactly the same, its just labeled sax instead because it is kinda a different version. Like a modified newer version with upgraded heatsinks. That makes since. Btw.. I think i know what heatsinks are/do but... refresh my memory to make sure I have the right thought in my head please rofl. I haven't been amp shopping in over a year!

But yeah so its the same thing just more efficient? :) sounds good to me... Now i just need... money! 14 days of the sale left!!

Well all amps have heatsinks... This is an explanation of it...

New-Heatsink-Design-About2.png

The purpose of changing a heatsink in the manner that they did was to create more surface area... This basically exposes more of the amp "heatsink" to the air to allow it to cool better....

aw very good! you are quite awesome at explaining things! you get bonus points for that one ( if i could somehow give points that is?) :woot:

Just share it with your next random text customer. Or should I say sext???

Lol no, there is no sexting going on. I don't think the company I work for would like that very much and I want to keep this job, it is good for a little extra money here and there.

Audio que 1200d

i agree. i have a 15" ssd with all options, on the aq1200d. it sounds great!

So back on topic... I say if anything you should just go for the SAZ-1500D v.2 .... If I come into some monies before Christmas I think I am going to splurge on 2 SSA 12' Dcons and SAZ-1500D .... I have a hard time saying "no" to my old lady's wants but now that she will be in England for about 2 weeks I figured I might buy some things before she comes back and sees the packages.... lol

Andrew could you post a video in here to show me your system so I can see how it hits on your sub? because I know it would be a very similar result. Maybe like show the excursion and anything you want? it destroying your car lol if it can do that... Should I be able to make my back windshield wiper bounce with my 18" ssd at its full power? Just wonderin lol.. or and window flexin/ door panels flexing?

Andrew could you post a video in here to show me your system so I can see how it hits on your sub? because I know it would be a very similar result. Maybe like show the excursion and anything you want? it destroying your car lol if it can do that... Should I be able to make my back windshield wiper bounce with my 18" ssd at its full power? Just wonderin lol.. or and window flexin/ door panels flexing?

i have a video right here

there isn't any car flex shown in this vid, there will be a little shown in this next vid, although this 2nd vid was much earlier than the first (speaker wasnt broken in and the amp isnt as good)

i'll get another, longer video soon. i'll show as much car flex as i can.

as far as the amp goes, I FREAKING LOVE IT. 1 1/2 hour drive bumping nicely the whole way there and it was barely warm. puts out a decent amount more than rated. HIGHLY recommended

EDIT: my bad, the second video doesn't have the car flex. wrong video :ohnoes9:

Edited by xAndrewx

I got a great buy for you right here ..... http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/44422-fs-sundown-saz-1000d/ :drink40:

Underrated, easy on the electrical and small footprint. Still has a transferable warranty! :fing34:

i agree, great deal on this amp. would be perfect for the stock SSD. even a fully loaded one.

Dude yeah this sounds great, The amp looks mint condition from the pics too! I want this one so bad. :( I'm tryin hard to save for it!! im crying cuz i want it so bad! :trippy: :trippy: :trippy:

Keep saving! It's not going anywhere soon that I know of! If you want to put something down I will save it for you!

I'm pretty broke but for extra money I answer questions online for a company at 10cents a question. Lets just say I'm 1,903 questions away from buying your amp LOL. But I'm doin it now and I should hopefully even get enough by the end of the week cuz Ill work super hard since I am actually working towards something.

How much power do you think this thing will need to run full blast? I know obv i can just turn the amp down until i upgrade if i really have to but as of now I have stock 70amp alt and all stock electrical. I'm planning on doing the big 3 this week or next though. Im not sure if that alone will be able to power it full blast or not? any thoughts people?

Definitely do the big 3 in 1/0 and do a run of 1/0 to the back.

Are you plan on running a dual 1 ohm or dual 2 ohm SSD?

Its a dual 2 ohm that I wanna wire to 1ohm at the amp. And also What gauge do you use to wire to the amp? I thought online it said 4awg but I didn't know if that was enough.. but then Also I thought maybe the input on the amp for power wire might only accept up to 4awg like the site says.

and yeah Im doing my big 3 in 1/0