Was this from the stock harness or did you run new wires and it still didn't turn on? Throw a DMM on the power and switched to see if the HU is geiitng any power, if it is the HU is bad probably.

Was this from the stock harness or did you run new wires and it still didn't turn on? Throw a DMM on the power and switched to see if the HU is geiitng any power, if it is the HU is bad probably.

The stock harness for the truck was cut out about 15 years ago. I literally just un-installed my kenwood and installed the alpine. Kenwood worked, Alpine didn't work.

I lost the posts for my DMM so i cannot use it..

Did you shop all the wires are one when removing the old harness. I've seen that done quite a few times and people end up just blowing fuses.

Get a DMM and check for Memory and ACC power. If those are all fine, check resistance in your speaker leads and make sure nothing is shorting out. If all that is fine, you may have gotten a DOA headunit. Rare but I've seen it happen, and it really messes with your day.

no light tester or DMM? Hard to tell with out them if you even have power.

Check your fuses?

Just woke up, grabbing my test light andheading to the truck.

Did you shop all the wires are one when removing the old harness. I've seen that done quite a few times and people end up just blowing fuses.

Get a DMM and check for Memory and ACC power. If those are all fine, check resistance in your speaker leads and make sure nothing is shorting out. If all that is fine, you may have gotten a DOA headunit. Rare but I've seen it happen, and it really messes with your day.

I don't really understand what you mean

But... the head-unit should still turn on if i connect my power and ground directly to the batt, right? -even if fuses are blown in my truck and wire are shorting out?

Be careful touching your wire directly to the battery. Make sure all the wires have a fuse and don't bump the metal stereo case on the pos+ post. Connect the ground wire last to avoid sparks.

Be careful touching your wire directly to the battery. Make sure all the wires have a fuse and don't bump the metal stereo case on the pos+ post. Connect the ground wire last to avoid sparks.

I did, no power.

Yeah, i bought another one from Audio Express just now. Same head-unit.

I don't have time to wait for a replacement.

I did, no power.

I was testing a head unit the other day by connecting to the battery, wouldn't turn on, so I used the harness and the radio turned on.