cehmke

System Build (2003 Blazer)

Hello fellow car audio fans. I am fairly new to the car audio world, but would like to get into competiting in a few local SPL comps in my 2003 Blazer 4 door. Not looking for anything special, not looking to spend alot of money, but I would like to get a 140dB in the Street A class. Prefer going the single 12" route, but its still up in the air. I do know I want Incriminator Audio woofer(s), but do not want to have to change alternators or anything terribly techincal. All input/suggestions will be GREATLY apprecaited. Thanks for your time.! I look forward to discussing my build with everyone! :)

Do you have a budget? Also, a pair of 10's have a natural cone surface advantage over a single 12.

Do you have a budget? Also, a pair of 10's have a natural cone surface advantage over a single 12.

Well, im not looking for anything spectacular. maybe $800-$1000 for sub(s),box, amp

if you can build your own box, that would open more options.

?

I am fairly familiar with tablesaws, etc. However, I do not have access to anything neccesary to make a decent build.

Is there a lowes or a home depot near you? I got all the supplies for my box from Home Depot. The only tool you really need is a drill, and if you don't have one, you can get at home depot ^_^ I even got them to cut the MDF for me for free!!! Are you aware of the things you need to build a box? (going to list them anyways!)

1) Wood (most people use MDF board. thickness depends on build)

2) Wood glue! This is what actually holds the box together

3) Screws! To hold the box together while the glue you applied dries!

4) Silicone sealant to prevent leaking

5) Carpet. Only if you want.

6) Clamps also really come in handy sometimes as well, but again, not necessary.

7) Terminal box! i got mine at radioshack!

It's not something that's really out of anyones league and it's a great learning experience! Cost of box is dependent on the size. Mine is about 7.5 cubes and it cost around 50 bucks for me to build. Now if you already knew all that info... sorry for wasting your time!

Is there a lowes or a home depot near you? I got all the supplies for my box from Home Depot. The only tool you really need is a drill, and if you don't have one, you can get at home depot ^_^ I even got them to cut the MDF for me for free!!! Are you aware of the things you need to build a box? (going to list them anyways!)

1) Wood (most people use MDF board. thickness depends on build)

2) Wood glue! This is what actually holds the box together

3) Screws! To hold the box together while the glue you applied dries!

4) Silicone sealant to prevent leaking

5) Carpet. Only if you want.

6) Clamps also really come in handy sometimes as well, but again, not necessary.

7) Terminal box! i got mine at radioshack!

It's not something that's really out of anyones league and it's a great learning experience! Cost of box is dependent on the size. Mine is about 7.5 cubes and it cost around 50 bucks for me to build. Now if you already knew all that info... sorry for wasting your time!

Yes i know the basics, there is a home depot about 2 hours from me, and the big thing keeping me from doing this is time. i work 7 days a week ( only a few hours on Sunday, but im tired after work )

Well, I was talking to someone on the Termpro forum about an Incriminator Audio setup. Doesnt seem to be too interested in selling the product. I have been talking to a few people about Atomic Loudspeakers and I think that is the route I will try next. Any input ?

Well, I was talking to someone on the Termpro forum about an Incriminator Audio setup. Doesnt seem to be too interested in selling the product. I have been talking to a few people about Atomic Loudspeakers and I think that is the route I will try next. Any input ?

I say SA-12 or two SA-10's. Just an idea.

The xcon combo is nice, for sure. But I think the ssa store sells Incriminator too. Take a look.