05TLOwner

Assistance Please

I was looking for advise. I think I may be interested in a RL-s 12" for my trunk, but reading the specs and recommendations it seems that it will not fit my needs. Would I be able to fit a RL-s in my 2005 TL without gobbeling up all my trunk space. Should I be leaning more towards a RL-p 12"? Would a RL-p get me good low bass that I'm looking for? Any recommendations on an AMP to push the RL-p? How about an AMP to push a RL-s? Thanks :domoslay:

the RL-p will hit the low lows for sure, ask many of the owners here, also how much are you looking to spend on an amplifer and how hard to you want to push the RL-p?

the RL-s requires a lot of power at @ 3.5 - 4 ohms, I believe something in the 1200-1500 range

The Rl-s, unfortunately, is not very practical for most people in-car it seems. Large enclosures, big power at high impedances, etc etc.

The Rl-p will definitely give you good low bass. If output is a primary concern, ported would be the way to go with one. Sealed, they are no slouch either though.

Give it a good ~800w RMS and you'll be happy.

How about this...

eD NINe.1 Amp, 2 RL-p 12's? Enclosed or Ported? If Ported, Slot or Circle? I should still have room in the trunk for trips and things of that nature

Nine.1 would work fine

Ported if you have room, sealed if you dont

Port, doesnt matter

> Let's put it this way, What AMP in the $900 to $1000 Range would do the RL-p justice?

A whole lotta 'em!.. honestly you don't need to spend that much on an amp. As you've already found, the Nine.1 is a suitable amplifier that is currently used by quite a few of my customers. Other popular and practical amplifiers that I see my customers using include variations from Orion and HiFonics. For the RL-p, I would ideally aim for 600-800 watts per speaker. For the RL-s, 1200-1600 watts per speaker.

If you wanted to run with the RL-s, I would advise a minimum enclosure volume of 3 cu ft sealed on the 12".

On the RL-p12, I would shoot for 1.5 - 2.0 cu ft net @ 28 - 34 Hz (34 Hz for more output, 28 Hz for more low-frequency extension)

Hit me with an email if you'd like to discuss this in greater detail.

Let's put it this way, What AMP in the $900 to $1000 Range would do the RL-p justice? Would a RL-s work well with a Phoenix Gold XENON 1200.1? Would it leave me room in the trunk for the occassional Grocery Store Run or would I be kissing the trunk goodbye? I want to be heard down the block and not have to worry about the Speakers blowing up.

dude i got just the amp for you lol

if you go with a pair of 12" RL-p D4s, and you want the most output, port them at 2.0 cubes per sub, and tune in the 34Hz range, that is one of the sweet spots for the RL-p, as squeak said the RL-s needs a lot of space and a great deal of power, if money is a major factor, you can find a amplifer for the 2 RL-ps cheaper than an amplifer for one RL-s, in addition the 2 12's have the instant cone advantage over a single RL-s 12,

so for you I would vote a pair of the new RL-ps and an amplifer along the lines of the Nine.1 or Incriminator 20.1 or Orion 1200D, or kicker KX 1200 or RF T1001 or US AMPS AX1000 or the PowerBass XA 1500