1ndatrunk

21" Warden in a trunk?

I'm having some problems deciding on my next sub stage. I currently have an 05 RE XXX15 and an extra motor that will be rebuilt soon to match. I was gonna do these in 8cuft@30hz w/100sqin of port, in the trunk of my car on 3k, in a sub up/port side configuration. I just got offered a pretty decent deal on a 21" Warden, and it's got me thinking.

Could the Warden be as loud on the same power? I'm running either option in same enclosure, but the Warden would have a bit higher tuning (33-36hz). Are these even musical? I know they will play music and will be no match for the 05 XXX's in sq, but will they sound decent doing it?

From what I've seen, Wardens sound awesome.

But a 21" is not going to fit in your trunk unless you have a Towncar or similar.

But a 21" is not going to fit in your trunk unless you have a Towncar or similar.

I drive an 85 Cadillac Fleetwood. I've dropped 8cuft enclosures in without having to turn them. I have the room.

I drive an 85 Cadillac Fleetwood. I've dropped 8cuft enclosures in without having to turn them. I have the room.

tell me why you want a 21inch sub in a trunk?? :puzzled:

tell me why you want a 21inch sub in a trunk?? :puzzled:

Same reason why guys put 2 15s in a trunk. 2 15s actually have more cone area, so whats the difference? Do you say that to the guy in the Civic with 1 18, 3 12s or 2 15s? Probably not. I was gonna run either this or 2 15s in the same space on the same power, so why not?

Edited by 1ndatrunk

actually the 21's cone area is exactly equal to 2 15's cone area, thats why i got 6 21's instead of 12 15's

2 15s= 353.25sqin

1 21= 346.185sqin

Its close, but note exact.

The Warden has way more motor force than the 05 XXX's, but the XXX's will sound better daily. I'm not sure if it will even matter once it gets so loud, so thats my delimma. With the power I'm running (3k) it would probably be about even on output, but with more power, I think the Warden would walk all over the XXXs.

Like to see some pics of it in the trunk that would be some of the wall chit! Video if its possible????

actually the 21's cone area is exactly equal to 2 15's cone area, thats why i got 6 21's instead of 12 15's

2 15s= 353.25sqin

1 21= 346.185sqin

Its close, but note exact.

The Warden has way more motor force than the 05 XXX's, but the XXX's will sound better daily. I'm not sure if it will even matter once it gets so loud, so thats my delimma. With the power I'm running (3k) it would probably be about even on output, but with more power, I think the Warden would walk all over the XXXs.

For some reason people think the Warden takes alot of power to get it going, not true. While it can take a shit load power both daily and burp, it still gets loud off little power.

The Warden is a beast. That must torture the fleetwood. lol