DCarter

Fi Help

hey everyone.

I currently have a 1 15" BL, but im getting a new car in a bit, so im looking at getting 2 12" ssd. I had a debate between SSD or the HDC. I know a big!! difference but im running them off a aq1200d that i have now so i figured i wont be upgrading power in a while. And if i got a aq2200d do you think i would be safe with the 2 12" ssds still ?

Im guessing the ssd would move more than hdc with only 600 rms on each?

Do you think the 2 12" ssd will be louder than the 15 BL because of cone area?

thnx guys, sorry if they are stupid questions lol

:drink40:

What are your goals?

What are your goals?

louder than my current 15" bl in a 3.3 tuned to 32 hz. Im not worried bout the SQ because i know Fi sounds good doing that anyway, but be honest, would the HDCs be louder, keep in mind the SSD's and the HDC's would only get 600 each so many the HDC is to tight since it can take about 2000 rms. Its just tough since i love Fi, would they be ok on a aq2200d? (for future)

thnx for your help guys

Fully loaded SSD's can take a 2200d all day.

EDIT: ygpm

Edited by Dutchie.

To the aq2200 question They will but it depends if your electrical can keep up with that amp. Stay away from clipping, give it clean power, and if your worried about overpowering then reduce the box size a little. Just get the 2 12'' ssds with bp or/and flatwind

i think im going with SSD's with eathier the flatwind or bp power. Which would you recommend ? I can afford one of them and i know the SSD's now come stock with copper. I also dont like how the HDC is tuned that high, and apparently isnt good with quick bass

I get my gains set and subsonic set right so im safe with my equipment. I love how the aq1200d comes with a gain knob that has a clipping indicator.

im looking at maybe 3.5 cubes tuned to 32-33 hz. I dont know if i should try a aeroport, i dont know how to tune a box with them.

appreciate all your help ! :drink40:

If i upgraded to the aq2200d i would get another battery but i currently have the big 3 upgrade and run 14.4 volts daily.

Edited by DCarter

is there anyone that can help me with a design for aeroport. Im looking at a box made around 32" wide 15" tall and 16-17" Deep. Tuned to about 32-34 hz

(approx box size)

The HDC's will be better in the 40-50 Hz. region, the SSD's will play much lower in the 30-40 Hz. region.

I'd get the copper coils if it were me, the aluminum coils handle more power because they are inefficient.

im pretty sure im going with the ssds :) copper coil with bp power. Box tuned to about 33 hz

should be nice! anyone here this setup before?

From what i have heard, the HDC's aren't that great on SQ and i saw how you said you don't care much about the SQ but you tied it in with Fi. The HDC's produce more beat while sacrificing SQ. They are recommended 40-50 hz because thats less lows more highs for SPL if I'm not mistaken. Like you and others have been saying, grab a pair of the SSD's throw it in a 4.0 32-33hz Bp power with that aq2200d and i think you'll be happy.

From what i have heard, the HDC's aren't that great on SQ and i saw how you said you don't care much about the SQ but you tied it in with Fi. The HDC's produce more beat while sacrificing SQ. They are recommended 40-50 hz because thats less lows more highs for SPL if I'm not mistaken. Like you and others have been saying, grab a pair of the SSD's throw it in a 4.0 32-33hz Bp power with that aq2200d and i think you'll be happy.

yeaaa im gonna make the order soon once i sell the 1 15" BL.

Im only running it off of a aq1200d for now which is one of the main reasons not getting HDC's because they wouldnt move at all. I agree with the tuning, i love low so Fi is right in my happy zone :) lol

I heard the new ssds are beasts anyway, and im sure they could handle a aq2200d someday soon hopefully! as long as im smart with the gains and what not

not excited to get shipping costs though! When i got my 1 15" BL it came to $99 !!!!!!! lol

how much do the SSD's weigh ?

i know the BL is heavy as shit soooo

not excited to get shipping costs though! When i got my 1 15" BL it came to $99 !!!!!!! lol

how much do the SSD's weigh ?

i know the BL is heavy as shit soooo

I just had a Fi SSD 18" shipped and I think it said the shipping weight was 29 lbs? I may be off. So give or take a couple pounds, and the 12's should be a little less than 29 obviously :P but the SSD is a beast for sure! Good pick.

thnx :) I love my BL ! ! I just feel like 2 12" and for when i get a new car i know i can make it fit. Good pick with the 18" ! Gonna pound

thnx :) I love my BL ! ! I just feel like 2 12" and for when i get a new car i know i can make it fit. Good pick with the 18" ! Gonna pound

Check your pm's

last thing, im ordering 2 12" ssd's. How to i wire them down to 1 ohm. Do i have to order them both in D2 ? or D1 ? i know for a single sub its D2.

also for the ported box ! I was looking at having maybe 1 larger port instead of 2 smaller ones on each side. Does a ported box for 2 subs need to have a divider in the middle making them have their own little box ? or can i just leave it open ?

Edited by DCarter

Use a common chamber with 1 slot port

You need dual 1ohm coils to wire a pair of subs to 1ohm load. Wire them in series/parallel.