Notorious97200

quick question about the big 3

Hi Guys,

A friend of mine needs to finish the big3 in his car.

He's wondering how to put the wire between alt to batt.

From stock, there is a wire coming from the + of the alternator, going to the starter(démareur in French !) And this same wire goes to the + batt after the starter.

So, the question is : can we just put a wire between the alt and the batt without hooking it to the starter ? Or do we have to follow the stock wiring ?

Waiting for you, all the experts, please!!!

don't disconnect anything just wire a whole new wire from alt to batt ith the same bolt from the alt.....without disconnecting anything.

We don't want to disconnect anything !

Just asking if we should ADD the wire on the same spots?

Ok we should only add one wire from alt to batt only, not on the starter. Got it.

We'll try to fuse it too. But where to place the fuse(s)? Near the alt or near the batt ?

It's'for a 4600 watts system! With a weak electrical(on paper). We have 14.4 strongly, but only when driving, on the freeway, for example!

I believe you should always fuse closest to the output source. I always fuse from the alt side and mounted it somewhere out of the way but still accessible.

Finally we did it.

Dam, voltage stays at 14.6 now, with an old batt under the hood, and an older optima blue (5 years old !!!)in the back ! when driving, it stays above 14v at full tilt

At iddle, on the lowest notes (rap music only) we never go under 12.7 v at full tilt (4600 rms !!!!), before the upgrade it would go down to 10. ..v.

:drink40: :drink40: :drink40:

Thank you guys. :fing34: :fing34: It's a huge upgrade for the car !!! We love the results !!! Nobody can understand how we can have such voltage with so much power and 2 small and old old old batts.

I hope to do this in my own car, but the alt is under the engine block, so it is not easy. I have to lift up the car and take off some things to have access to the alt:peepwall:.

Any photos of the upgrades? I want to judge you on cleanliness... lolz

I'm not the installer !!! I'm just the one who knows how to ask question in English !!!!!

The installer has 2 xcons on 4 saz 1000 in his car, I have only one Xcon on 1500 watts, and my car is way bigger than his.

You would see nothing on the pics, because the alt is visible, but the bolt is under it. the wire is passing through the hood and again its under the engine !

sorry !

:peepwall:

lol... FINE!