a.Previous products that you have used (i.e. amplifiers if its an amplifier question, etc)

12 Sony xplod. 800 watt max amp

b.Budgetary constraints

None at this point in time

c.Vehicle which the equipment will be used in

2008 Trailblazer LT Stock Electrical 3.5 Farad cap

d.Other products you have heard, but have not owned that you enjoyed & their install particuars.

15" Alpine R

e.Musical preferences

Rap and metal

f.System goals

SQ, But would like it to still be loud.

g.List any research you have previously done

Heard the 15" Fi Q and SSA subs were the place to go from what i hear

a.Subwoofers in question, number of subwoofers & subwoofer size

1 15" sub. Fi Q or Xcon 15

b.Amplifier being used, specifically the model number.

SAZ-1200D

c.Fabrication skill level

Not so much

d.Preferred material to be used (i.e. MDF, fibreglass, etc)

MDF

e.Vehicle which the subwoofers will be used in

2008 Trailblazer LT

f.Other products you have heard, but have not owned that you enjoyed & their install particulars.

1 15" Apline R

g.Musical preferences

Rap and Metal

h.System goals

SQ, But loud enough

i.Previous subwoofers you have used, and their installation particulars

2 12" Sony xplods with supplied ported box

j.List any research you have previously done

Ported= loud but dirtier bass?

Sealed= better sq?

I was serious. Read the posting guidelines. They are in my signature. Every post you make is not helping

LOL.... geez...

a.Previous products that you have used (i.e. amplifiers if its an amplifier question, etc)

12 Sony xplod. 800 watt max amp

b.Budgetary constraints

None at this point in time

c.Vehicle which the equipment will be used in

2008 Trailblazer LT Stock Electrical 3.5 Farad cap

d.Other products you have heard, but have not owned that you enjoyed & their install particuars.

15" Alpine R

e.Musical preferences

Rap and metal

f.System goals

SQ, But would like it to still be loud.

g.List any research you have previously done

Heard the 15" Fi Q and SSA subs were the place to go from what i hear

a.Subwoofers in question, number of subwoofers & subwoofer size

1 15" sub. Fi Q or Xcon 15

b.Amplifier being used, specifically the model number.

SAZ-1200D

c.Fabrication skill level

Not so much

d.Preferred material to be used (i.e. MDF, fibreglass, etc)

MDF

e.Vehicle which the subwoofers will be used in

2008 Trailblazer LT

f.Other products you have heard, but have not owned that you enjoyed & their install particulars.

1 15" Apline R

g.Musical preferences

Rap and Metal

h.System goals

SQ, But loud enough

i.Previous subwoofers you have used, and their installation particulars

2 12" Sony xplods with supplied ported box

j.List any research you have previously done

Ported= loud but dirtier bass?

Sealed= better sq?

Good post TB LT.... Now that's some information to work with....

H - most puzzling way of putting it... what do you mean by SQ... sometimes it = maintaining of lows ; for others it = loudness with no distortion ; others it = being able to produce a wider response(frequency)

My assumption because of your limited usage of items is that you just want to be able to push it loud and not sound like an ass fart? Cuz then that could virtually be hundreds of woofers...

If you just want better that the Sony woofers then that ends up making the selection even greater... I've heard Sonys and they just produce random frequency with no real formula... I'd say you could go SSA Icon for one at any size really... Image Dynamics have decent loudness on their budget woofers but if you go higher than can be <> an ICON ....

Also the Sundown SAs are def good to give a listen... I was looking to just sound better with my setup and haven't settled on a woofer yet... SA looks like it might be a winner for me cuz I don't wanna throw 500w at a Dcon and be an arseho for not properly setting gains when I get it...lol

I'd say you could go for a Dcon and go ported like everyone and their mother recommended to me at first for 300-400watts from the amplifier.... If you find some vids with that setup you will see how it can be.... And on top of that you're in a SUV which will get filled with bass....

thats exactly what i want. loud but not that just obnoxious annoying sound constantly.

im learning already, so a dcon ported box?

well here in lies the problem... were you running those Sonys off of the Sundown amplifier? If so then you possibly had a "louder" sound system... So I'm not well educated enough on the Dcon to say... But my guess would be that it'd be similar to the Sonys loudness but sound alot better? I hope someone else jumps in on this...

Check out these threads that were actually started by me about the SSA Dcons..:

and

Some good info in those threads...

I have a 15" SSD with all options. It's loud and has great quality. I guess it would lean more towards lacking quality over loudness, but MUCH better quality than xplods, kickers, etc.

ya i just dont wanna have to upgrade anytime soon. I heard xcons and Fi Q's were great and they are loud and sound really good to. would the be louder than the dcons and still sound good to?

If it's in your budget, have the space, and you want a driver that will be loud and flat across the lower frequencies get a 15" XCON and port it low to SSA's recommendations. You will love it and your amp would work great with it too. I am obviously biased, but I am not talking to you out of my ass either.

All that said, there are PLENTY of nice subs in the SSA store that will make you happy!

I am obviously biased, but I am not talking to you out of my ass either.

was that for me?? :(

I am obviously biased, but I am not talking to you out of my ass either.

was that for me?? :(

Nah bro. Just saying from personal experience with the xcons.

LoL.... Glad to hear that lance...

Also... OP.... Youtube the Xcon or even the Khaotik enclosures...You will find the setup in a burgundy SanteFe that sounded amazing even through the youtubes...

Found:

Edited by Shogen

LoL.... Glad to hear that lance...

Also... OP.... Youtube the Xcon or even the Khaotik enclosures...You will find the setup in a burgundy SanteFe that sounded amazing even through the youtubes...

Found:

Yeah I think the owner is a member here too :peepwall::)

is that you man? I didn't realize.. I kept seeing a woman in all those vids... Those it was a soccer mom's ride... lulz :orly3:

icon says rated at 1000w rms tho. would it handle a 1200D? and how does that compare to an xcon?

Watch the gain and listen to the woofer for stress. Goes both ways for either sub. If you clip the amp or play it below tuning you can blow either one of those subs on that power.

I personally dont see any problem and it would be a nice set up with either combo.

The new ICON will be okay on that power, I'd get an XCON though.

is that you man? I didn't realize.. I kept seeing a woman in all those vids... Those it was a soccer mom's ride... lulz :orly3:

No haha, it's Mark, the co-owner of ssa.

haha, it's mine, the co-owner of ssa.

:orly3: .... lmao

Edited by Shogen

wait 1200w would blow an xcon to?

It won't blow an ICON or an XCON by itself, a nut behind the volume knob will blow any sub.

mistake

Edited by BASSmaster

yaaaa thats me :) ill post a video after i get everything ready. Thanks for all your help guys! XCON or ICON with khaotik ported enclosure here i come ;)