Sign in to follow this  
Jbabycsx

XCON 15 or ICON 12's

I have a 90 GT Mustang and I am stuck between two different set ups. I either want to go with two ICON 12's or a single XCON 15. I have never heard either set up. I am using a 3000d for power with good electricals. My question is which will be better from as far as output? I know two 12's is more cone area but with lower power. The 15 would be less cone area but is rated for 750 more watts. I plan on using the box specs on the SSA forum. Any ideas or advice?

the new icons are rated at 1250rms each, an additional 250watts to each driver is fine, so you could 1500rms to each icon, at least I would. :P

Either setup is going to get loud and sound good, but which will be louder may be dependent on your vehicle and enclosure.

Either way you can't go wrong, have fun deciding :)

btw I Loved my icons, wish I would have kept them and done another build with'em :drink40:

1 xcon : 1750 watts rms

2 icons : 2 x 1000 (or 1250) = 2000 (2500) watts and more cone area.

the choice is easier now !

If you want to use a 3000d for the xcon, chose a D1 sub to have a 2ohms load on the amp.

Both will be badass setups !:drink40:

You can do 2 xcons 12" too, if you have the budget. You should do that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fing34:

the new icons are rated at 1250rms each, an additional 250watts to each driver is fine, so you could 1500rms to each icon, at least I would. :P

Either setup is going to get loud and sound good, but which will be louder may be dependent on your vehicle and enclosure.

Either way you can't go wrong, have fun deciding :)

btw I Loved my icons, wish I would have kept them and done another build with'em :drink40:

Not official yet, and only with optional coil. ;)

I would opt for the Icon 12's if you have the space for the proper enclosure.

Yeah the XCON 12's are a little to pricey for me right now. I will just go with the ICON 12's with d1 coils unless I can find something used on here that I like better for around the same money. Trying to find help around my home is a lost cause. I just went to my local audio shop this is how our conversation went.

Me- I'm looking for about 30ft of 1/0 wire to run a second battery to my amp.

Owner- 2nd battery? What amp are you using?

Me- A Sundown 3000d.

Owner- Hmm...never heard of it. Must be a lower priced entry level amp.

Me- SIGH....

That is typical.

You have to remember there are a lot of car audio companies producing crap to top notch quality at varying prices, just because they haven't heard of sundown doesn't mean their illegitimate or not knowledgeable...

You have to remember there are a lot of car audio companies producing crap to top notch quality at varying prices, just because they haven't heard of sundown doesn't mean their illegitimate or not knowledgeable...

disney-dreamworks-scottish-crap.jpg

How about if the guy says that to run 1/0 wire from your battery to your 3000d is "overkill", all you need is 4 gauge. Kind of seems not knowledgeable to me! :puzzled:

How about if the guy says that to run 1/0 wire from your battery to your 3000d is "overkill", all you need is 4 gauge. Kind of seems not knowledgeable to me! :puzzled:

Please don't use 4awg with my old amp, I don't wanna see her burn...Haha Jk Jk I know you have your 1/0 in.

Then in your case the guy isn't...

LOL

LOL

Meaning when it comes to electrical, it is hard to have overkill. And with 3000+ watts, you most certainly should run 1/0.