Sign in to follow this  
icy_chris

not as loud as it could be ?

hey i have a problem that i cannot figure out my btl will run loud like it should but sometimes in mid beat it's like some one turned the dimmer switch down half way ?? i checked my preouts they range from .5 to 4.6 when bumping hard but as var as voltage being put out to the sub at full tilt it's only registering 20-26 at the most i an running a btl 12" duel 2 ohm wired to 1 ohm on a saz 2000d now should the volts match to somewheres around 44v at full tilt or i'm i doing somthing wrong while mesuring the volts for the out put i put the positive on the red and negative on the black for the speaker outputs right? could i be a loose conection in the box causing one voice coil to cut out making this affect of not as much bass ? i'm hoping it's not the amp

i also checked the ohms and when there is no music playing the ohms are fine but when it starts bumping harder the ohms jump around witch i assume is normal independance rise

Edited by icy_chris

Can't measure ohms while the driver is hooked up to the amp, and especially when you're playing a signal to it.

I'd check your input voltage at the amp's terminals and watch it..... almost sounds like the voltage is dropping out on the bigger bass notes.

If you see lower 11v... or even into the 10 range you've got a problem with a wire connection on your power or ground wires somewhere I would think...

voltage stays at 14.3 and on heavy bass drops to 13.2-13.0v and i checked all the wires going into the amp they are all secured tightly and clear of anything

but it doesn't just happen on big bass note somtime does it when there is little to no bass and lasts a bit and goes back to normal randomly and i haven't changed any settings on the deck or amp

JVC KD-A815 CD Player got it from vissions about 2 monthes ago installed my self and never had a problem till now

yea lol i think i figured it out b/c i pulled the deck out and shoved it back in aswell as where my rca's were run i poped the pannel off and moved them and it hasn't done it for a whole hour now could have been rca's were pinchedin the pannel or sumthin. but i got better ones as i had juat the cheapest stinger rca's from my previous car so i will try instaling my new ones in a new location and go from there

ooopppps this is icy_chris accidently for got she was signed in lol sorry for the confusion

Edited by pandoras box