Sign in to follow this  
Robert

250 amp XS Alternator question

If my stock alt was a 75 amp alt and long term goal is to run 3000rms audio would the 250 amp alternator be enough?

or for better understanding whats the highest rms system that alternator can handle?

That alt should support a 3krms setup as long as you use 2 batts IE: yellow top and kinetik 2400 and upgrade wiring to 1/0 minimum, and some common sense goes a long way. :fing34:

I have big 3 and 1/0 power running to back of car right now as well as a XS power s3400 under the hood. I have been saving for this alternator as thankfully it will bolt onto my car. Just wanted to get a general idea of how far I could go. I already had it planned to add another battery in the back too.

$600 I have looked at several other alt makers and none make anything for my hooptie lol it's not a popular car at all so I was glad to find one from them. I had talked to Nathan awhile back (months) but as the year is getting closer to ending I feel closer than ever to getting this for future proofing my setups. I'm trying hard not to end up with a buch of amps and subs laying around.

Edited by crunkjuice1

not sure of price but sounds in same range as the dc power alt i would go dc power on this one as they are overbuilt beasts and do some major output at idle.

I have personally owned one and, DC power is solid, 12.5 - 13.3v SAZ-4500d wired @ 1ohm, music small yellow top and hc2400 at 3/4 vol idle, 13.8 dropping to 13.1 with an occasional 12.7 with some throttle full tilt. And as with all alts heat plays a factor and results varied. My ECM liked to play it cold at 15.2v, hot 14.1 - 14.6 idle no volume for reference. As far as customer service Rob got me the first time direct fit and answered the phone an understandable 80% of the time.

And of course this all boils down to what amp u plan on running.

XS alt will do about 160 at idle straight from Nathan himself. My car is a manual transmission no AC no power windows or locks 98 Hyundai accent hatchback. I really don't like bugging people for things unless my wallet can finish the deal aside from that Nathan said just to give them a ring when I'm ready. and from the looks of the xcons I will most likely working my way up to a pair and of course an amp to push them.

yes sir, 3000rms will be it for this car lol wife is on baby number four so here comes a suburban lol!

SAZ 3500D have been a rockford fan for awhile but by the end of this for me most likely end up with this.

Edited by crunkjuice1

been looking at the xcon series 12's or 15's I'm around 1000rms right now with two 12's but been wanting 15's for awhile even if I have to go one at a time.

I just want to make sure 250 amp alt is going to be enough for my long term goals and finally giving what I already have all the power it needs.

Edited by crunkjuice1

from looking at your vehicle 12's are your best option 15's wont go unless you build a wall, plus with 12's you can optimize the enclosure, and im bettin you want to play the lows.

I have a ported design for the 12's I have right now made by fallen from www.nightmareaudio.com and its at 4 cubes for the 12's so I was going off this sites

Ported: 4.0 cu.ft. @ 26-33hz opt. for the 15's

I have been stuck on XS alts 200 amp or 250 amp for the long haul I am also wondering what total rms the 200 amp can handle.

You can figure your vehicle is going to pull around 50amps (probably on the high side), so the 250amp alt that actually does around 260-270amps will work fine for a 3000watt system. For one thing the system is not going to pull 300amps of power continuous and if the system does start to pull more than the alt can produce the batteries will hold you over. You would probably be fine with the 200amp alt, but for the difference in cost between the 200amp and 250amp it makes more sense to go with the 250amp.

Thanks Nathan!

Just to put this out there for anyone else that would like to know on pricing, amps, and idle output correct me if I am wrong.

150amp $475 idle 100amp

200amp $549 idle 130amp

250amp $600 idle 160amp

I got these numbers awhile back not sure if they are still the same but hope it helps none the less and Please correct me if this list isn't in use anymore.

http://4xspower.com/old/application.php

Just to put this out there for anyone else that would like to know on pricing, amps, and idle output correct me if I am wrong.

150amp $475 idle 100amp

200amp $549 idle 130amp

250amp $600 idle 160amp

I got these numbers awhile back not sure if they are still the same but hope it helps none the less and Please correct me if this list isn't in use anymore.

http://4xspower.com/old/application.php

Those are the correct prices for your application.