Fi Car Audio

BTL-N2 up for sale

We have the BTL N2 subs up on the site for sale with specs.

As mentioned there will be about a 4 week lead time on the first orders of BTLs. This is due to waiting for the balance of steel and heatsinks to arrive.

N1 will be up late tonight.

Thanks,

Scott

I am in dire need of a 12". The N2's look mighty tempting. I'll wait for results on playtime before I commit. Will the Gen 2's be discounted or just phased out?

dumb question on fi website why is the BL higher on the D2 specs vs D1 specs for the subs?

It's how the math works out

The lower your DCR is (resistance is taken in series) the lower the BL will be..

Essentially they are in the same magnetic gap..it's just how the math works out on the length of wire on a given run.

B is still there, L is what changes.

Love the t/s I'm going to order at least one 15 within 48 hours got a big ol empty box waiting for it

Like Nick said, BL as a factor alone means nothing. You need to have more specs in hand before you can make any sort of judgment about the drivers ability or application. The coils/speakers were designed to yield very similar results between the D1 and D2 subs. All too often people design subs that have VERY different specs and characteristics between the different coil options. This seems counter intuitive that in the same size, and series, that one coil works better in sealed, and another in ported (there are extremes like this).

Looking at BL^2/Re you see that the speakers are almost spot on. This can also be seen between the Mms, Vas, and Q values. While Mms is slightly different between the two, it is realistically less than a normal deviation between subs in the same coil/size.

Gen2 BTLs are all gone. We have moved on to the new Gen3 Neo subs.

9 subs sold :)

Thanks,

Scott

Any word on the mounting depth of these? I have a box built already for the Gen 2, wanna make sure it'll still fit. I've got 10.5 inches mounting depth for a 15", will it fit?

Edited by Spaz

Like Nick said, BL as a factor alone means nothing. You need to have more specs in hand before you can make any sort of judgment about the drivers ability or application. The coils/speakers were designed to yield very similar results between the D1 and D2 subs. All too often people design subs that have VERY different specs and characteristics between the different coil options. This seems counter intuitive that in the same size, and series, that one coil works better in sealed, and another in ported (there are extremes like this).

Looking at BL^2/Re you see that the speakers are almost spot on. This can also be seen between the Mms, Vas, and Q values. While Mms is slightly different between the two, it is realistically less than a normal deviation between subs in the same coil/size.

Gen2 BTLs are all gone. We have moved on to the new Gen3 Neo subs.

9 subs sold :)

Thanks,

Scott

Thanks, I was just wondering because that seemed odd to me :noob:

Spaz... yes, 15" is 9.625" deep. Just put that up there.

I'm leaving to LA for a meeting. I will be back this evening and get the N1 up by tomorrow morning. Simply ran out of time last night/this morning.

Thanks,

Scott

Like the previous BTLs (BL, and now Q) you do not need any real clearance behind the sub as there is no pole vent. The mounting depth on these is worst case given that you can mount these into a corner easier than ever before due to their narrower profile. They are still wider at 8.25" but the front to back profile of the motor is much narrower than that.

Given that, we are going to rework the back fin cover mold to include a larger 45degree angle so that they can fit even tighter into corners. Previous 11.25" motor would never fit into that space... a wee to chubby.

Thanks,

Scott