bigmikekc

i got a new sub! i have a question

my friend bought this sub that he is putting in his car when he gets one but he said i can have it til he gets his car its a interfire, i have never heard of them before. im pretty sure its a interfire IFB-15D. i wired it up and listened to it free air and it was real quite and didnt move much. would a box make it alot louder? also i need a box design if anyone wants to draw me up one

it next to alpine type r 10

101025_0005.jpg

101025_0006.jpg

hahaha "would a box make it louder" no comment on that question answers it self.

would a box make it alot louder?

well of course.

edit: ah Dictator1992 beat me to it. lol

Edited by xAndrewx

Subwoofer's work in essence by moving air. Obviously you need power for the speaker to work, but without a box it will always be quite. I understand you may be new to this, but in simple terms, drop it in a box, and you will be surprised at how easy your question is answered. This applies to all speakers.

Subwoofer's work in essence by moving air. Obviously you need power for the speaker to work, but without a box it will always be quite. I understand you may be new to this, but in simple terms, drop it in a box, and you will be surprised at how easy your question is answered. This applies to all speakers.

ok thank you everyone for clearing that up for me. i knew it would make it louder but i didnt know by how much. but i need a box and i can build it if i know how big to make the pieces. can some one make me a box design? i would like it to be about 3 to 3.5 cubic feet sealed. i will have measurements up tomorrow of my trunk but this is the space i have to work with

this way

0706102213-01-2.jpg

or this way

0706102213-01-1.jpg

I like that you answer questions and try to help people put.

Shows that you aren't all about business and want to help the little people.

Very cool :D

my friend bought this sub that he is putting in his car when he gets one but he said i can have it til he gets his dvd headrest car its a interfire, i have never heard of them before. im pretty sure its a interfire IFB-15D. i wired it up and listened to it free air and it was real quite and didnt move much. would a box make it alot louder? also i need a box design if anyone wants to draw me up one

it next to alpine type r 10

101025_0005.jpg

101025_0006.jpg

Your new subs look great bro, congrats.

Edited by audiolover

Someone should tell that to all of those dipole crazies.