smashedz28

what do you guys think?

Just looking for opinion's here.. currently have a BTL 18" (gen 2) and im in the market for a 2nd. I have located one which has never seen power.. brand new basically. Guy wants $400 and since Fi isnt selling the gen 2 anymore and the neo's wont work with the gen 2's this might be a good choice.. this is where i got thrown in a loop.. ran across this ad on craigslist. http://stockton.craigslist.org/ele/2011526092.html some DC audio lvl4 18's.. 2 of em for the price that this guy wants to sell me 1 btl for.. i know nothing about DC audio. i know its a quality product. Im looking at both as a good deal.. buying the btl will give me 2 total which is what im trying to run.. or buying these dc audio's would give me 2 also.. how would you guys compare a btl to a lvl4 dc? I know the dcs handle 1000rms a piece where the btl is 2000.. im going to need another amp regardless.. im not competing. but i do love the sound the the single btl i have now. infact writing this right now im pretty sure i know what i want to do but I like to read opinions. no specific goals, not looking for a SQ or a straight spl sub, just something that sounds good and hits the lows. I understand install is everything. a box design will follow the purchase along with another sundown 1500 to strap to my current @ a 2 ohm load.. should be decent i think?

BTL any day of the week

I'd pick a Fi product over any dc soundlab product. Hard to get an answer tho when you have no goals lol.

you did just fine ;) thats what my gut was telling me also, just had to ask

I would not put a BTL over a Lv5 or a Lv6 from DC Audio. But a BTL over the Lv4 yes.

Here's what you do. You get the 2 Lv4 18"s, sell your BTL and get 2 MORE LV4 18"s and do a proper box and be louder then meade.

I would not put a BTL over a Lv5 or a Lv6 from DC Audio. But a BTL over the Lv4 yes.

Here's what you do. You get the 2 Lv4 18"s, sell your BTL and get 2 MORE LV4 18"s and do a proper box and be louder then meade.

Even though the Level 5 is a Chinese made RE MT, which was improved upon by Scott to make the BTL :ehh:

Even though the Level 5 is a Chinese made RE MT, which was improved upon by Scott to make the BTL :ehh:

Is you on crack?

Lv5's is a much stronger motor. You silly goose.

Is you on crack?

Lv5's is a much stronger motor. You silly goose.

With a big floppy mangina sized gap

With a big floppy mangina sized gap.

LOL

Floppy gap. :tehe: