how can you test if a bad remote line out from head unit is causing amp not to on?

remove the remote turn on wire from the amp, use a piece of primary or sppeaker wire to jump your power supply to your remote input on the amp

Take a DMM and measure the voltage from the remote wire and make sure you've got a reading of around 12v when the key is on

Thanks!

Take a DMM and measure the voltage from the remote wire and make sure you've got a reading of around 12v when the key is on

Yep, just to clarify since you asked something somewhat simple, Put positive lead from dmm on remote turn on wire and put negative lead on anything grounded in the vehicle, chassis, amp ground, negative lead on battery, etc.

I should have seen it that simple Its just been dealing with finding out what happened with amp (its in another thread) almost four days later this is what I might be boiling down to. I have power flowing to the back of car and thats basically how I checked for current using positive on DMM to power cable and negative to the ground cable without amp connected I'm seeing 14.1 at idle then when I connect cables to amp with radio off I get the 14.1 then when I turn on radio voltage goes to zero. weird huh lol.

I don't think you stated what headunit you have, however some pioneer units have faulty boards. Their outputs can ready 12 volts but cannot supply enough current to allow the amp to come on. I have seen it quite a few times. You will hurt nothing by jumping power over to the remote input. It might save you another 4 days of wandering around.

kenwood

look at where this all started

I redid the ground and checked my whole power line for cuts and it was fine

Edited by crunkjuice1

When you do the test you stated above, does the voltage go to zero from the power input and ground on the amp? IE: you have the positive terminal from the DMM on the power input and the negative terminal on the ground input. Because turning your radio on shouldn't affect the voltage there, because that is constant power coming straight from

The battery.

sorry to edit now the amp doesn't turn on kinda hard to explain look at this thread to see where I started at.

After that today I checked for cuts in my power line as well as re did my ground and i ran a temp remote line from amp over seat to the headunit remote while headunit out of dash to make sure everything is good and now this

Edited by crunkjuice1

dang this one must really get left in the dirt lol

I tied remote line around positive on DMM then I stuck DMM neg probe into amp ground that is loose at the moment and with car idling I get 13.55 on DMM .

I think that its going to be what Audibel said earlier or at least I am hoping its just the headunit messed up