benz280se

anybody have beats and a sunroof?

i have a mecedes benz 560sec with 2 12' fi ssd's running off of a crossfire vr2000d with the port of the box firing thru the rear deck. i have never had a car with a sunroof and i am about to have this one repaired. the cable to open it came loose. do any of you have sunroofs with serious beats? i am not competing so this question is more of a daily thing. have any of you had to have them permanently sealed because the sound broke them? i was thinking if i just vent the sunroof a little while playing it wouldnt cause damage or also of angling the port more forward instead of upward to minimize the stress on the roof.. i would hate to get my sunroof working for the sound to break it up lol. anybody have thoughts on this? or suggestions? or am i worrying for nothin

i have a mecedes benz 560sec with 2 12' fi ssd's running off of a crossfire vr2000d with the port of the box firing thru the rear deck. i have never had a car with a sunroof and i am about to have this one repaired. the cable to open it came loose. do any of you have sunroofs with serious beats? i am not competing so this question is more of a daily thing. have any of you had to have them permanently sealed because the sound broke them? i was thinking if i just vent the sunroof a little while playing it wouldnt cause damage or also of angling the port more forward instead of upward to minimize the stress on the roof. i am going to have the roof layered with dynamat or somethin like that. i would hate to get my sunroof working for the sound to break it up lol. anybody have thoughts on this? or suggestions? or am i worrying for nothin

I don't vent my sunroof when I have music playing because it will weaken the structure of the roof and cause it to flex even more. Also, if you do break your sunroof with bass, which is possible, you really don't want to break and stay open. I doubt you are going to have any problems if you just keep it closed. Also if your sunroof rattles, if it's like mine and can retract into the roof or vent, put a piece of closed cell foam where the sunroof sits in the tray when it is closed (if that makes any sense lol) and close the sunroof on it. This reduced my rattle from incredibly annoying to almost non-existent, in my case anyway.

yea my sunroof just broke last week. the plastic pieces that hold the window down broke, so i get the annoying sound of a window being cranked. so im just going to glue it shut. was quoted 450 to get it fix, but theres no point since itll probably happen again.

i will never buy a car with a sunroof again. i dont use it now anyway

i have 2 12 sundown nightshades

and 2 aq 2200ds

i got a sunroof and i've done 153s in my car... i've also jammed on it with it fully open.

Mine has never had a problem.

Sure it shakes like crazy but that's the way how it's made. the sunroof on my car isn't made to be locked down tight when fully closed or open.

The arms the glass rest on move easily which gives off the illusion the glass is about to shatter when it isnt... it's moving with the arms.

i got a sunroof and i've done 153s in my car... i've also jammed on it with it fully open.

Sure it shakes like crazy but that's the way how it's made. the sunroof on my car isn't made to be locked down tight when fully closed or open.

The arms the glass rest on move easily which gives off the illusion the glass is about to shatter when it isnt... it's moving with the arms.

how does your sunroof open?

boo-albums-prius-picture1676-sunroof-exterior-open.jpg

0509st_05_z+2002_toyota_tacoma+custom_sunroof.jpg

Just wanted to say, LUCKY! lol. On volvo's the track will break if you aren't careful. Hopefully the OP has one like yours.

OP, mine opens like the 1st picture. No problems yet. I have done low to mid 40s.

i will make a video of me opening it up tomorrow so u guys can see

A video in the dark?

This guy does :)

Video by shizz? mine as well record in a dark room saying "see it open? now its closed" :D

You underestimate...

My last few vids i've done have been with a camera, not my phone...

You underestimate...

My last few vids i've done have been with a camera, not my phone...

:yaya::P

my sunroof opens like the first pic, it slides down and under. i appreciate the replies. i might try the foam piece and maybe lots of sound deadener? the whole assembly is gettin ready to be replaced. im thinkin i might be around the same as far as numbers i guess 140's.

Edited by benz280se

u guys are lucky to have a sunroof like the first pic, mines open like the second. i can prop the back open or have it all the way back.

it sucks cause now since its broke, when its cloe i can push it open cause the pins that hold it down broke. im losing alot of pressure cause of it

My tahoe had a sunroof. First burp with my old 4 18 setup put it off track and I never fixed it. I'll never buy a vehicle with a sunroof I plan on putting more than 1-2 small subs in.

I have a sunroof in my 89' cherokee, and I have never had any problems with it. I'm running one 18" SSD.

Old school crank sunroof in my beast only problem i get is the crank that opens it likes to vibrate loose!!! stoped putting it back on last month!