shaker1

18" SMDs STETSOM 7k2d 4 xs power batts 1 ohio alt HELP

Hi guys i have all sorts of problems,1st where to start. my OHIO alternator does lousy at keeping the charge to my 4 xs 2700s, i have 2 runs of 0 gauge from the front battery to the back, 2 grnd and 2 positives, big 3 in 0 gauge,my amp will play about 5 min then shut off, then play 1 min and shut off and so on downhill. back when i had 2 orion 15s amp never shut off, same set up diff subs. now that i got 2 18 SMDs i think they are too hungry for power the amp is 9000w rms 13.8 volts. alternator is 14.0 when cold 13.4 warm then music goes and so does the voltage12.8 max. someone said to get a smaller pulley OHIO sent me one with 6 grooves mine is 8, DC power makes a dual alt bracket for my truck $400 bucks plus one of their alts has to be used $600 buks more plus the OHIO i have $500 bucks. MECHMAN says (why you get 12 volt batteries you should get 14 volt) so now i have to sell my 4 new batts to get 14 volts? my alt doesnt even do 14, ive been told 3-4 diffrent ways of connecting my batteries? i just cant get to 150 db i see guys in mini vans with 2 12s in a box just thrown in the back braggin 150s ive been doing this for a long time just cant make it happen, my truck is a xtra cab f150, anybody know if this is a lost cause SUPER STREET NO WALL 1-2.THANKS for any help.

The subs won't be "power hungry", the amplifier is going to give them the power you tell it to, have you spoken to Ohio Gen? Most HO alternators charge in the upper 14v range, might be having a problem with your vehicles computer telling it to charge at a lower voltage than it should.

You should be able to break 50s no fucking problem unless your box was made by a blind person.

I'm running (2) 15" SMDs on (2) SAZ-3500Ds in an ext cab pick up and i break 50s no problem with no wall, above window line.

My electrical is (4) XS Power D3100 (1) DC Power 320Amp Alt. On FULL TILT while doing 30-40mph i stay in 13s all day.

Clean your throttle body. Did wonders for me!!! I wa always stoping low 12s then I clean it and it's a hole new car

:WELCOME:

whats the ohio amperage rated?

im just taking a guess here but your alt is 300amps if thats all you have thats your problem you need more amps(alternator amps)

Whats the amp you have sir?

yes i spoke to ohio gen tom has never seen or heard of a dual alt for my truck,he sent me a smaller pulley but less grooves, my alt is not 300 amps it is 234 max alternator output it says. the sheet included states,OUTPUT CURRENT TABLE. output current @ 1600rpm=22 amps,@1800rpm =49 amps,@2000 rpm=71amps,@2500rpm=123amps,@3000rpm=160amps,@4000rpm=200,@5000rpm=221@6000rpm=234. all these are 2 alternator speed it says on paper.My box i made, is double layerd 13ply birch with 2x4 bracing inside and all fiberglass resin on all walls,SUBS to the passenger facing up PORT drivers side facing up,box is 10 cuft port as big as possible.

Your problem is your alt, talk to DC Power Rob or DC Power Kyle on here... They make REAL Rated alternators.