ncacoates

X-Cons long term review

So its time to finally do this review. First things first Mark and Aaron are great guys who run an honest business and sell amazing products. As of now they have been in my car play music for a year and half. They are still in perfect working order and the spiders and surround remain firm. Coil has no signs of wear and there is no mechanical noise what so ever. These play music for me daily and i mean every day and they get a good bit of abuse on the weekends ejecting people from my car. I can honestly go to say they can play anything and everything with extreme precision and authority. I cant speak enough good things about them nor can anyone who gets to hear them. I have so many comments from people telling me its ridiculously loud it is but i can tell what its playing. To me that's the pinnacle of this driver and it hits it to a tee. If your looking for a new driver give it a try im sure you wont be disappointed. If anyone has any questions ill be willing to answer them. :fing34:

Can you give us some details about your enclosure......pics?

4ohm bridged? Just wondering how much power on a daily setup the XCON 15 is withstanding.

you can look on the team page for a picture of my enclosure but its 3.35cu/ft per sub after displacement and tuned to 30hz. Daily they are on my 3000d which with my charging system id assume 3k+ but i think they can take more honestly. The can take an extreme amount of abuse without getting stinky. I could seriously count on one hand the times ive smelled the slightest smell coming from them.

:woot:

Thank you so much for taking the time to do a follow up review. :)

I agree with you 100%.

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde come to mind. They play flat and low and are a very much a SQ subwoofer. On the flip side, they are still flat and musical with 2000w on them beating the shit out of things. The SSA gang did this one right. It's a cage fighter in a suit and tie.

A friend of mine has 2 15" Xcons in his little car. 4 ft3 and saz 1000 per driver. 30 Hz for box tuning.

People refuse to get in his car because of the bass. It's ridiculous!!!

some, with kind of spl setups(!!!), ask how he can sit in the car while demoing !

Loud bass is "easy", but if you want to understand all the bass lines and the music, it is much more difficult. The Xcon does it all, like a champ !!!

I agree with you 100%.

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde come to mind. They play flat and low and are a very much a SQ subwoofer. On the flip side, they are still flat and musical with 2000w on them beating the shit out of things. The SSA gang did this one right. It's a cage fighter in a suit and tie.

I like the metaphor you created it should be on the official page lol! Very true, that's why I love my Xcon's.