Sign in to follow this  
nevertoomuchbass

12" Q dust cap replacement help!

Well i got rear ended the other day. And when I got hit, my subs slid backwards and into my amp rack. Luckily the only damage was a pretty effed up dustcap. its got some nasty cracks in it, and a hole about an inch in diameter. For now, I just slapped some good ol duct tape on it, But these are almost brand new and id like to keep em looking that way. I emailed Fi and they can send me a new dustcap, But I wouldnt know where to start in the replacement process.

So if anyone can tell me how to go about replacing the dust cap, I would greatly appreciate it! :fing34:

very carefully with a sharp razor blade cut under the the CA glue and get it off, then re apply CA glue and position it correctly

As he said..run the razor blade around the very edge of the dustcap.

Got access to chemicals? Either toluene or phenetol take off almost any obscure epoxy/glue. Clean up the old glue for a better fit (if needed) :)

Edited by SubSam

Noooooooooooooooo don't do that.

It will eat the coating on the cone and then you have no way to pop the new dustcap back down on the cone.

Do it my way :) lol.

Sorry..it's a few years old..and that's the only camera I had at the time.

I'm going to remake all of them shortly.

Noooooooooooooooo don't do that.

It will eat the coating on the cone and then you have no way to pop the new dustcap back down on the cone.

Do it my way :) lol.

Ooh okay don't do that then lol I try and solve all my problems with solvents :)

Sign in to follow this