swagger_wagon468

Amp instalation questions. (supplies needed, etc...) help needed along

It's RATED to be double RMS if you bridge, you have a lot of control over how much power the speakers actually see.

So if I were to run t bridged, then I would be ok as long as im gentle on the gain?

It's RATED to be double RMS if you bridge, you have a lot of control over how much power the speakers actually see.

So if I were to run t bridged, then I would be ok as long as im gentle on the gain?

Exactly, but if you are worried or don't know what your doing, then don't take the chance by bridging them.

Exactly, but if you are worried or don't know what your doing, then don't take the chance by bridging them.

First install = :noob: Haha. I mean, if the gain knob is the.onlly thing that could blow them... then as long as I don't turn it up too far, I wil be ok bridged right? If not...what other factors play into the czhance of blowing them?

Gains too high and/or getting nutty with the volume knob

Ok. Gotchya. So if I do decide to not bridge them, ca I leave the 2 other chNnealS unused without problems?

Ok. Gotchya. So if I do decide to not bridge them, ca I leave the 2 other chNnealS unused without problems?

Yes sir

Awesome. I will buy the 8ga amp kit from Knu later today. When everything gets here...expect alot of questions about install.

Thanks everyone. :eek5wavey:

-Jonathan

I say leave the speakers(rears) run them off the other 2 chans and you will definitely be able to hear them....You will notice the difference without the rear speakers when your cruising with the sub low.

I was kinda thinkin the same thing. I mean...s especially if those 2 channels will just be sitting there not being used. And if I decide I don't hear them much, then I can always take em out later.

I was kinda thinkin the same thing. I mean...s especially if those 2 channels will just be sitting there not being used. And if I decide I don't hear them much, then I can always take em out later.

:fing34: Do what you want, and what sounds best to YOU.

thanks for all the responses. so im about to oreder the amp kit from KnuConcepts. it comes with one set of RCAs. i will need another set in order to run all 4 channels right?

thanks

yes you would need the 4 channel RCA's...and Y splitters if your deck don't have 3 outputs.

yes you would need the 4 channel RCA's...and Y splitters if your deck don't have 3 outputs.

my HU has rear, front, and sub outputs. so since the kit comes with one set of RCAs... i just need to buy one more right? also, i should go ahead and buy more speaker wire right? the kit comes with 12ga . so just get more of that? also, can i use 12ga for my subs when i get them in?...i think ill get like 30 ft. just to be safe.

my HU has rear, front, and sub outputs. so since the kit comes with one set of RCAs... i just need to buy one more right? also, i should go ahead and buy more speaker wire right? the kit comes with 12ga . so just get more of that? also, can i use 12ga for my subs when i get them in?...i think ill get like 30 ft. just to be safe.

Yeah jus buy one more set..then keep the 12g for subs but with another amp kit it will be fine...But get 16g for speakers 12g is a bit too thick and isn't necessary.

Yeah jus buy one more set..then keep the 12g for subs but with another amp kit it will be fine...But get 16g for speakers 12g is a bit too thick and isn't necessary.

so just get some 16ga for the speakers and use the 12ga from the kit for the subs?... 30ft should be plenty right? better safe than sorry. lol

16ga for speakers and 12ga for subs...30 Ft should be more than sufficient.

16ga for speakers and 12ga for subs...30 Ft should be more than sufficient.

well, it turns out they have only 21 ft in stock...think tht might be cutting it close?

That isn't enough. i just put 40 feet of 14 gauge in my CRX, (4 ~10 foot runs) and it was BARELY enough. i would wait 'till they have more in stock of what you want. or buy somewhere else.

That isn't enough. i just put 40 feet of 14 gauge in my CRX, (4 ~10 foot runs) and it was BARELY enough. i would wait 'till they have more in stock of what you want. or buy somewhere else.

O wow. Ok... any other suggested places for oxygen free copper at .25$ per foot or cheaper?

So...I called knukoncepts and they said there was about three 0's missing on how much wire they had. So they have about 21000 feet. Not 21. Haha. Ordering wire tonight.

So...I called knukoncepts and they said there was about three 0's missing on how much wire they had. So they have about 21000 feet. Not 21. Haha. Ordering wire tonight.

OH! heads up before you order. if they are advertising the klarity RCAs, you wont get them. make sure they have changed the add to show you're going to be getting eKo RCAs. That happened to me when i ordered the 4 gauge 4 channel kit from them. they said the klarity kables are being remade for 2011. This may have changed, if it has so quick im going to be pissed and give them a call...

If you're going to get THIS kit you're going to need another RCA anyways, you know this though :)

OH! heads up before you order. if they are advertising the klarity RCAs, you wont get them. make sure they have changed the add to show you're going to be getting eKo RCAs. That happened to me when i ordered the 4 gauge 4 channel kit from them. they said the klarity kables are being remade for 2011. This may have changed, if it has so quick im going to be pissed and give them a call...

o really?... hmm, well ill call them tomoro. whether or not it comes with one, would the eko RCA be ok to get for my secong one? (2 if it doesnt come with one)

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=eKo-RCA5

tyhanks for the heads up man.