swagger_wagon468

Amp instalation questions. (supplies needed, etc...) help needed along

Yeah, i got 2 of those. i really dont like them. I'm going to try and get new ones. But, yes, if you get that and the amp kit that i've linked you will need another RCA cable. That will work.

LMK what they say when you call them tomorrow.. While you're at it just tell them what you're doing and they will let you know what you need as well. Could have just done that in the beginning lol Just for another reassurance factor :fing34:

Yeah, i got 2 of those. i really dont like them. I'm going to try and get new ones. But, yes, if you get that and the amp kit that i've linked you will need another RCA cable. That will work.

LMK what they say when you call them tomorrow.. While you're at it just tell them what you're doing and they will let you know what you need as well. Could have just done that in the beginning lol Just for another reassurance factor :fing34:

So u don't like the eko RCAs? So should I get the next levvl up? Knu klear doesn't have a 5meter kable.

no, i dont like them. you could get them and then upgrade when the new klear come out, or get some from another company.

no, i dont like them. you could get them and then upgrade when the new klear come out, or get some from another company.

ok. good to kno. question,...how is it that you do not like them?

thnks,

-jonathan

installed them. plugged one in, the FIRST time unplugging it (was trying to figure out a noise problem) it broke, the plastic part surrounding the end metal pieces came off. Didn't really damage anything. i assume the glue just came undone. it still works fine. And they're ugly and dont match my other RCA, klarity. which is annoying to me. and that they said i would get something other than what i received.

installed them. plugged one in, the FIRST time unplugging it (was trying to figure out a noise problem) it broke, the plastic part surrounding the end metal pieces came off. Didn't really damage anything. i assume the glue just came undone. it still works fine. And they're ugly and dont match my other RCA, klarity. which is annoying to me. and that they said i would get something other than what i received.

soooo.... i finally got around to calling Knu. and they said you get the KnuKlarity RCAs with the amp kit since they are pre packaged. so im going to order the kit with a extra RCA. (Karma SS RCA) ...actually, i might get the eko. $10 cheaper. and u said it works fine right? would you pay the extra $10 for the Karma RCA? and ill probly get about 50 ft of 16ga wire for the speakers. think that is enough? i have a 1994 Toyota Camry. maybe 60 ft?....

Edited by swagger_wagon468

Wow, wish i would have gotten the klarity. :( i would say get out some string or something and try your best to measure how much one run would take, then add a couple feet, X4.

Wow, wish i would have gotten the klarity. :( i would say get out some string or something and try your best to measure how much one run would take, then add a couple feet, X4.

thing is, my car is at my grandpas right now and im driving his truck. (1.5hrs away) wont have it till next wed or thurs. ill go ahead and get 80 ft to be safe. that should be plenty dont you think? 16ga is fine for my door speakers right? also, if you were me, would you do the Eko RCA for $5 or Karma RCA for $15? is the Eko that bad?

80 is a lot of wire lol but i dont want to say "you only need X feet" because i made a figure like that for myself and i was about short, would have liked another 2 feet on each run. Personally i would get the klarity. im e-mailing them now...

80 is a lot of wire lol but i dont want to say "you only need X feet" because i made a figure like that for myself and i was about short, would have liked another 2 feet on each run. Personally i would get the klarity. im e-mailing them now...

its only $20 for 80 feet. rather be safe than sorry. 16ga is ok right?....and im getting the Klarity speaker cable. but what about the RCAs? Eko for $5? or Karma for $15?

alrighty, sounds good. and 16 should be fine (i've forgotten what power you're running though..). i would get any rca other than eKo lol.

FYI in the kit they will send you 20 ft. of 12 gauge. it's pretty huge.

alrighty, sounds good. and 16 should be fine (i've forgotten what power you're running though..). i would get any rca other than eKo lol.

i got the BOSS ZED amp. (85wrms per channel) so 16ga good for that?

FYI in the kit they will send you 20 ft. of 12 gauge. it's pretty huge.

and thats what i was gonna use for my subs. plus the kit for my subs will come with some too. 12ga ok for the sundown 2500.1? (600wrms @ 2ohms each sub) (kicker L7s)