jonbearsmt

two questions.. have you ever used this deck?

ok so with another 2 years past my mind set has changed....

im doing a new town car.. and this time i do not think im gonna do screens.. or indashes.. or anything like that...

more grown man with this car.. ill be 28 in a few weeks and well i think its time to do somthing not so flasshy

so....................

has anyone ever used this deck http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-PREMIER-CD-RECEIVER-BLUETOOTH-USB-FH-P800BT-B-/370458029932?pt=Car_Audio_In_Dash_Receivers&hash=item564104ef6c

i like it because its cleen looking.. not too flashy. and would blend well in the new towncar.

the second question is how many of you have put a double din in a ford? im not its not big enough but its a easy mod to make it fit.

so any info on this would be great. thanks guys

I had a double din kenwood in my crown vic went it easy, didnt use the mounting sleeve, when I traded the vic in for my explorer put the same unit in the explorer problem free, but used the mounting sleeve, what exactly are you asking?

I had a double din kenwood in my crown vic went it easy, didnt use the mounting sleeve, when I traded the vic in for my explorer put the same unit in the explorer problem free, but used the mounting sleeve, what exactly are you asking?

well like you said with the vic.. it would not fit with the sleeve ?

i was reading around and i have seen a few people say that it was not a double din location. its a tad smaller.. but they made it work.. they did not go into detail on the other hand

i also got a lead on one of these http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-DEQ-9200-Detachable-Audio-Processor-DEQ9200-/330497329335?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cf32d08b7

for 100 bucks...

i just dont know if its needed with the head unit im looking at.

bump bump bump it up

On the vic I had to shave the opening a little bit, the plastic has a lip that prevented the unit from going in took at max about 5 minutes. And I didnt use the sleeve it was a very snug fit.

The problem with Ford's is their mounting arrangement. The stupid clips make the openings non-standard so it will take a little trimming here and there.

no input on the deck guys?

i have read the ipod fuctions has a few issues.. and also that the main control knob is kinda touchy but other then that i find good results....

also anything on the pioneer EQ being usefull in todays application?