swagger_wagon468

Would a 18" XCON be louder than 2 12" L7's?

so, i have 2 12" Kicker L7's that i got for a deal. i was going to pair them with a sundown 2500.1. @ 2ohms, they would each see 600rms. (they r 750 rms. so close enough).

questions is, if i were to get a single 18" XCON and put it with a sundown 1500.1, so it would be getting 1500rms... would it be louder than the 2 L7's?

i know there is no way of saying for sure. but assuming they are both in the optimal enclosures, which would be louder (in you guy's opinions)

the Black Friday sale has me thinkin that i might wanna go this route.

it/they will be going in my 1994 Toyota Camry wagon :D so plenty of space.

rapid responses would be great as i would have to sell these, and deposit the cash in my account by like 4 tomorow. lol.

thanks

-jonathan

Edited by swagger_wagon468

The 18 has more cone area, an your giving it overall more power. I would question your listening taste, but on paper the 18 wins.

if you go with the xcon 18, dont even bother going with 1500 rms, stick with the 2500 and run it. as long as your gains are set properly, it will get down and dirty all day long, and will be louder and sound hella cleaner than two 12" L7's.

Edited by The SSD Madman

As far as "loudness", hard to give an answer. But I can almost guarantee I know which one would sound cleaner and more accurate. :peepwall:

As far as "loudness", hard to give an answer. But I can almost guarantee I know which one would sound cleaner and more accurate. :peepwall:

No, you won't. Unless you know what kind of box it's going in :peepwall:

OP said they would both be in optimal enclosures. So.. I still stand by my reply. :)

well, i listen to 99% rap/ hip-hop. and i will have the box built by Argent Audio. 2500wrms on it?... even thought its 1750?

You have a gain knob ;)

It will handle it if the gains are set properly, I have run my ruby at 2500 rms to one of my ssd18's in 6.75 at 26 hertz and it just cant get enough. The xcons are even beefier, so I dont see why it wouldnt handle it, as long as it was in a properly built and sized enclosure. the bigger the box, the less power a sub will be able to handle, so keep that in mind as well. About 6 to 7 cubes for ported and tuned low 30s/high 20s should do real nicely with that setup...Amp headroom is never a bad thing, my friend.

Edited by The SSD Madman

ok... first- thanks for all the quick responses.

i just posted the L7's on craigslist. hopefully someone bites.

i wish the sale was going on for a longer time. :( i am a senior in HS. and make min wage. :lol:

so, only way i can buy the XCON is if i sell these and deposit my money by 4pm tomoro.

lets hope it happens...

good luck bud, I wish I had the cash to buy two of the xcon 18's for myself right now, and sell the ssd's. but I don't, so I ended up buying a pair of fi black friday 12's. I love bass way too much, I already have entire rooms full of stereo gear, and yet I just bought two more subs, haha. damn- when are the 22's coming already? I want a pair right naow!

thanks guys.

the thing is, im pretty sure these things never saw power, if they did, it was just for a few days. maybe a week. because... they were bought on sept 27 2010. (has a sticker on the boxes from Kicker) and i bought them at the end of sept/beggining of oct. the guy needed to sell them quick to get a gun because someone kept braking into his shed or somethin like that. haha.

anyways, i posted them for $350. ill take $300. no less tho. because then i wouldnt be able to buy the XCON. and that is the only reason im selling them...

If they were broken I'd take the motors off your hands :peepwall:

If they were broken I'd take the motors off your hands :peepwall:

ok... i have a deal for you...

you can have the motors for $300 + shipping. :D:fing34: hehe