jaynanspl

Next Year Blowthrough Build

I will probably just use the alpines for awhile until i save up some cash to swap them out for the sundowns.. and then i can sell the alpines down the road..

In your guys opinion what would be a good amp i could run a 2ohm load at.. I have the rockfords but they only do a 1000watts at 2ohm.. i would like alittle more if i can.. i know the sundown amps play at .5ohm but the warranty is voided if you do that.

You can buy a pair of Type R's BNIB on ebay for 250 shipped all day. I also have a design w/cut list for 6 12" Alpine Type Rs ina blow through, I was going to do this exact build but didn't because i'm planning on bagging my truck.

6typerblowthrough2222.png

6typerblowthrough1111.png

Let me know if your interested in the cut-list.

Alittle Update.. Well after going back and doing more measurements, and considering room and advice from others I have went back and redesigned again.. I'm thinking this is the best way of doing it.. I had to make the choice of going with 6 subs instead of the 8 that I wanted, but I think this is the right choice.. This way it will leave me the room for the battery placement.. I have sketched up how things will be when finished..

Alpine6Blowthroughfront.png

Alpine6Blowthrough.png

Alpine6Blowthroughpowercell.png

that looks really interesting. that is going to be some long wire runs though. couldn't you fit the batteries in the cab behind the seats?

that looks really interesting. that is going to be some long wire runs though. couldn't you fit the batteries in the cab behind the seats?

Well I would put them in the cab, but I want to free up the space for the amps and to make the inside look better..

Something you should know, Alpine DOES NOT.. Let me repeat DOES NOT make recones for the woofers, NO one does.. so if you blow them they are BIG ass paper weights.

Be careful.

Just letting everyone know that this rebuild is dead now.. Going a complete different direction... Thanx to everyone that gave advice on this..

Jay

Well guys I have decided to go with rebuilding my 79 suburban instead.. alot more room for more cone area.. not sure on the audio plans yet, have to get it in running order first..

DSCF0822.jpg

Looks like a nice storage container!!!! HAHA!!! Will be a nice vehicle to build with. Just hope you can seal it off good, alot of older vehicles have gap issues. GL with the build, should be a good one!

Photo116.jpg

What would you take for that late 40s/early 50s Chevy truck in the background ???

I might could hook you up with some funds for the 'burbon ... :fing34:

Well I know I will be busy soon getting this beast running, but I have also been working on some ideas and have came up with this one that I like.. It's not for sure cause if I can get to it I have been in contact with Mike Singer to design me a 4thorder for 12 12's.. I probably will be using some Alpine type R's (older models swr-1242d) for awhile until funds allow me to go further.. Mike said that using the alpines would not be a bad thing cause they do so well in sealed enclosures..

Here is my idea.. feel free to input any thoughts...

MyNewBuildForBurbazrous3.jpg

MyNewBuildForBurbazrous2.jpg

With the tuning wall started..

MyNewBuildForBurbazrous.jpg

it seems like you are set on the type Rs? whats your current budget for subs total? and what power range? just curious.

like the design :fing34: