bcst86

how do you properly ground an amp?

alright, gonna go try to ground the rca's. i hope its not my amp i just bought it brand new, and i dont have another one to try. ill check the sub too but when i checked it with the dmm it said 1 ohm.

ill post back to let yall know what happens

when i wraped the wire around them no music would come through and i could still hear it.

ill check the sub too but when i checked it with the dmm it said 1 ohm.

A DMM won't tell you anything about the phase of the coils.

Which part of the RCA plug did you wrap the wire around?

do i wrap it around the outside part? i couldnt get it to stay very well.

on my sub how do i need to wire it to 1 ohm to go to my saz-1000d

Edited by bcst86

alright. thats how i had it. im guessing my headunits sub preouts are no good. when i have them plugged in there is a loud whine and when i unplug them it goes away. ive tried 2 sets of rca's too.

just for kicks... try connecting the rear or front RCA outputs just to see if there is still a whine... obviously be careful with your sub and make the volume on your HU is lowered...

alright. i will do that tomorrow. right now the headunit is sitting here next to me

let us know what happens when you do try this I am curious to what your actual problem is, but as I said earlier Im leaning towards preouts.

any news yet???

yep, just went and got a new wiring harness to remove the factory amp and all is good. no more noise when i have the volume from 0-4 and no whines when i put my sub amp on either. so now all i have to do is run put the sub back into the box and wire it up. hope everything works

Edited by bcst86

sounds good so far, when you get everything back in feel free to swing by with an update, hopefully you have cured everything!

i got it back in and playing. finally get to hear it. its ok, i want it louder, need a bigger amp. still searching on how to set my gain and lpf. and i think i need a new ground. with the volume down you can feel the sub vibrating and hear it a little. that is the ground right?