DEMO

Help me Decide

Ok, so assuming I had 2,000 or 2500 watts (1ohm) and a 2.4 CF box

1 12 Xcon Ported

or 2 12 Icons Sealed??

Which would be louder? If you need anymore info let me know

Edited by DEMO

welcome.... info that you have given isn't great. If I had to make a random guess, I'd say your exhaust would be WAAAAYYYY louder!!!

welcome.... info that you have given isn't great. If I had to make a random guess, I'd say your exhaust would be WAAAAYYYY louder!!!

what else do you need me to give you

Just based on the power level you are using, two ICON's.

Just based on the power level you are using, two ICON's.

alright, thanks for your input. its nice too because I have a 2.4 CF box right now with JL12w3s nd I could drop the two ICONS right in without having to make a new box, but if people seem to really think the one ported xcon would be better, I could do that as well

What kind of vehicle? Where in az do you stay?

F150 regular cab. I actually met Mark today nd he took a look at my car and I also talked to one of the box builders...Mark was kind of leaning towards the two twelves sealed and the box guy and my friend were leaning more towards the ported 12...so its tough to say and I am sure its hard to really say which will be louder...haha toughest decision of my life

F150 regular cab. I actually met Mark today nd he took a look at my car and I also talked to one of the box builders...Mark was kind of leaning towards the two twelves sealed and the box guy and my friend were leaning more towards the ported 12...so its tough to say and I am sure its hard to really say which will be louder...haha toughest decision of my life

must have an easy life if this is your toughest decision...

It would certainly be cheaper to go with one driver, but something about sealed enclosures just sound a little different, maybe more linear flat response. :wub:

Either way you can't go wrong.

must have an easy life if this is your toughest decision...

Forreal!

it really depends on what you are looking to get out of it. sealed is more tight accurate bass and ported you get the deeper lower hitting bass.

yea i know...its soo tough, but i bet those two icons sealed with 2000 watts would sound amazing, i mean even at 1000 watts nd those crappy JLW3's it sounds solid...haha yea easy lifeee

Rap or rock?

Ported for rap and sealed for rock/ Techno IMO. Just seems to work better that way in my experience.

I've also read that the xcon is the best of both worlds. Very accurate And very low.

My vote is the xcon, that'll be my tax time buy =D

Rap or rock?

Ported for rap and sealed for rock/ Techno IMO. Just seems to work better that way in my experience.

I've also read that the xcon is the best of both worlds. Very accurate And very low.

My vote is the xcon, that'll be my tax time buy =D

mostly rap....haha yea its a tough decision...the only downside to ported is I would have to a get new box made...but keep the suggestions coming

I'm partial to ported boxes so .... you know my decision.

Either way you go, you can't go wrong.

I'm partial to ported boxes so .... you know my decision.

Either way you go, you can't go wrong.

yea most seem to be, im just worried the one 12 ported wont be nearly as loud as two 12's sealed....I wouldnt wanna be dissapointed, and like I said its nice because I can just drop those 12's straight into the box I already have, but if the ported is worth it I could always have a new box built.

Are you sure they have Icons in stock ?

I would do the Xcon ported on 2000 watts (be smart with the gain).

The best choice would be 2 Icons ported on 2000 watts !:fing34:

2 ported 10's would do the trick too and should hit harder than 1 ported 12.

Are you sure they have Icons in stock ?

I would do the Xcon ported on 2000 watts (be smart with the gain).

The best choice would be 2 Icons ported on 2000 watts !:fing34:

I have the option of buying marks personal icon 12's, last ones available...i wish i could port the 12's but dont have the airspace. hmmm...

2 ported 10's would do the trick too and should hit harder than 1 ported 12.

yea i thought about that...would two 10s ported be louder than two 12s sealed?? also can you get 10s to hit the lows well??

Cone area ftw!

2 12's

haha thanks a lot for the replies guys, so many mixed answers though, guess I will just have to figure it out myself...im thinking maybe two ported 10s over two sealed 12's....

If you listen to rap mostly, go ported. 2 10s would get very loud with proper volume/port area!

If you listen to rap mostly, go ported. 2 10s would get very loud with proper volume/port area!

maybe thats the way to go...would you recommend the ssa icons?

maybe thats the way to go...would you recommend the ssa icons?

Haven't had any personal experience with them, but all the SSA subs look very solid. what other subs were you considering?