Sign in to follow this  
SubSam

BtL N2 Motor Thoughts

so whenever you have to install a big 50+ lb woofer by yourself in a trunk you strain the crap out of your fingers and usually need a helping hand. I remember installing my gen 2 and taking a nap right after from being exhauated. The reason im bringing this up is the square (rectangular whatever) motor of the N2 really makes it nice to handle solo:

166461_580022992286_17506340_33128415_4213553_n.jpg

I still have to clean up a bit and put my backseat back in but i at least got to drive around a bit to give it a listen. Initial impressions, compared to the gen 2 in a similar enclosure are just that it comes alive at a lower volume than my gen 2. Its obviously still virgin tight so ill have to loosen it up a bit. Nice to have it up and running tho.

nice more pics and videos pls!

Looking at the specs it does suggest tonality will be a little on the warmer side to the previous gen BTLs (Qts is a wee bit higher) Look forward to hearing back further feedback as it breaks in

So first thing my fiance says when my new woofer came through the door was, "Another king kong speaker to tear apart your cars?" Lol that's all I could think about while installing it, and I suppose its as good a description as any, so I made a king kong n2 video (sorry no white girl or late night tip or whatever else is stereotypical, I gotta get a video when I can really power up the woofer later on, maybe I'll take requests :) ) btw nothings tuned, my highs were really screaming, sorry for the distortion in my phones mic...

Note the sub isn't camera shy; it angles the mirror down so it can get some time in the limelight :P

The thing I really like about this car is the massive blow through hole in the backseat. My gen 2 BtL really shined with that alignment, but the ports were a little bit tight for breathing room, so I designed a box that has the ports fire into the same air space, potentially leading to a 6th order effect (been dying to meter the difference with the seat on and off), we shall see... gotta get the seat back on first lol

Edited by SubSam

i popped a boner. i can't wait to get mine in.

2 things i love the most my 15" BTL N2's and my Beer :drink40:

http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL926/13268475/23624058/394172372.jpg

pictures do not do this sub justice, all i can say is wow, i couldent be any happier or more impressed!!

Edited by matthubb123

pictures do not do this sub justice, all i can say is wow, i couldent be any happier or more impressed!!

I agree the sub just looks so different it really gets some attention...

Do you have jaeger on tap in the background of that pic?

163700_580163625456_17506340_33130495_2793454_n.jpg

65476_580163650406_17506340_33130496_440713_n.jpg

63243_580163665376_17506340_33130497_6824647_n.jpg

Some pics of the sub and the stealthy back seat/ blow-thru

Edited by SubSam

I agree the sub just looks so different it really gets some attention...

Do you have jaeger on tap in the background of that pic?

haha yep that's my Jager tap!! hold 4 liters of Jager (or anything) at 0" nothing like ice cold Jager in your living room :drink40:

THATS AWESOME lol I want jim beam black on tap... Is it too late to add stuff to my xmas list?

A quick tour around the back end of the car... Gotta get a better video camera for some bass flex my phone camera just won't cut it

Got another video from my shop, I was trying to show somebody how an LRC circuit can be used in a woofer display, it's fun to wobble a whole wall at twentyish hertz :) I apologize again for the taylor swift playing, I cant control what radio stations the customers want to demo for themselves

Some dude says why cant you hear the bass? So I asked him if he could hear 15 Hz at 70dB in 65dB ambient noise... He replied,"i bet if I listen real hard" so I let him try lmfao

THATS AWESOME lol I want jim beam black on tap... Is it too late to add stuff to my xmas list?

394184053.jpg

i made this just for you haha, why not

[image]http://pic100.picturetrail.com/VOL926/13268475/23624058/394184053.jpg[/image]

i made this just for you haha, why not

Effing sweet... Everything a grown man needs right there :)

Edited by SubSam

Im really liking this woofer. Again when I compare it to the gen 2, I am comparing two excellent drivers, so the majority of the differences are minimal percentage wise, but the N2 really is an improvement so far in my opinion. Any bass note has an extra sort of 'oomph' to it. Its like the neo magnets are so strong they hold the cone in place and oscillate the whole car back and forth :)

Its still loosening up... Im having a great time helping speed up the process

Anybody want a free BTL N2? :eek5wavey:

O hell yea thanks man! 18" please :woot:

:attempt:

Build is up on the logs section, about 97% complete:

cheers, happy holidays

Sign in to follow this