Sencheezy

Stupid Question

Wow Impious you are very knowledgeable.

WTF??? How you can you get +180 with a single 18, lmao that is just nuts.

But back on topic, Yes, it would take a lot of space, which has been metion earlier in this thread, but Duran likes the design from PWK, and believes that it does work within a limited space (Assuming from previous reply), so I guess its all up to the owner preference or beliefs, because its not just you, also M5 mentioned the space that is needed to support this kind of design, "mathematically" speaking. From the looks of the design that Alton was able to provide earlier, seems like I would have enough space in my 4 dr explorer, which was the reason for me beliveing that I could support such a design.

What you have to understand, is that the design I posted is not going to function as a true horn, period. The waves are so long in the REAL sub bass frequencies as Impious and M5 has stated a couple of times now, that the horn has to be so large in size that it will never fit in a vehicle. As for the guy who's getting ~180db, it takes up pretty much the entire vehicle and is still probably posting those numbers at higher frequencies (~70-80hz). You will go through a LOT of trouble trying to build a "folded" horn design and see no real benefit at all. Sure, you have room for the design I found and posted, but that's money and trouble that you could get more out of spending on a perfectly built and designed ported enclosure and probably get better performance from it.

Word, I get what your saying. And, you guys have provided more than enough information to let me know that all that wizardry of patterns insides box's don't mean anything. Thanks a lot. :D

I just simply never understood what was the person for people putting in so much time in those designs, but now I see they serve no real life purpose that is audible.