Sign in to follow this  
jaymoung

15 OR 18

A BTL 18 lists 5-8 cubes ported, I cant imagine a SSD needing more than that, but check the site.

that's most likely calculated with floor to roof height... So obviously not what you're looking for... And that might even be with seats down... Not sure I'd go by that.. Do the measurements I stated... Will give you the size at largest for an enclosure... I wish I had gotten a SUV at times just for simple fact of easier box planning... My Toyota Camry trunk isn't very easy for planning/staging... :(:suicide-santa:

A BTL 18 lists 5-8 cubes ported, I cant imagine a SSD needing more than that, but check the site.

near the end... https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154d2937214bae4/shopdata/0070_Tech/0070_Speakers/0040_Tech.SSD/product_overview.shopscript

different subwoofers different enclosures... Although it is odd on paper to see the BTL require less as optimal... Wateva... Fi says so... lol

you should be able to get an 18 in your vehicle, it will be a big box, do you plan to build your own box? going to have a shop make it? what i would do is play with the re calculator. I wouldnt use it on your final box but use it to get some dimensions of what your going to need. possibly see how much of your cargo will be needed before deciding on a 15" vs 18". i dont doubt you can fit an 18 back there, but just think you should get an idea of the box size before you commit to it.

you should be able to get an 18 in your vehicle, it will be a big box, do you plan to build your own box? going to have a shop make it? what i would do is play with the re calculator. I wouldnt use it on your final box but use it to get some dimensions of what your going to need. possibly see how much of your cargo will be needed before deciding on a 15" vs 18". i dont doubt you can fit an 18 back there, but just think you should get an idea of the box size before you commit to it.

my orginal plans were to get 1 18 and another in the future do you think thats possible? and im going to a shop i dont have the tools nor experience.

2 of em.. sure you could but the box will be huge in that thing. I havent seen the back of your vehicle in along time (parents used to have one). again, find out how big of a box you need and go outside with a measuring tape and get an idea of this box, if you want 2 18's then go ahead and say bye-bye to the entire back area. you looked on youtube or anything? i think i remember a guy on there having an 18" btl or something in his blazer, maybe that will help give you a rough idea of how much space your usin up.

here's just a quick one i found, sure you could keep it under the back window if you had to.

, that is if you run 1 18". this is only to give you an idea of the space, if your cool with it then just go out and do it man. Edited by smashedz28

pretty much look at twistedchild's setups on here... he always has something huge in his Sante Fe, almost always one subwoofer and seems like 18" is common for him..

ok thanks i had looked yesterday and the only 1 i found he never showed it and i dont care for losing the back cargo my plans is to get my truck in next to car show condition so i can enter a few and also do a few db drags and still have a daily driver but thanks i feel like all my questons have been answers my final question is tuning.this is going to be a daily driver what would be best for this sub(listen to rap)

Sign in to follow this