LCW

Fi BTL 18 Review

I'm going to have to say right off that this woofer is a beast. I currently am using it as a DJ sub and it handles everything my CS 2000 can throw at it. It is setup for daily use tuned to about 35hz. I had a gig the other weekend in a big open shop and it was the first time that I really got to throw all of my amp at it. The party goers had to drive a mile or so to get to the location and I had multiple compliments on the bass. Most, if not all, of the compliments were "I can here that thing about a mile away!". I beat the woofer all night from about 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. with my amp peaking at 4000w RMS +. There were times that the woofer enclosure was floating around the floor. I had a couple people sit on it to see if it would stop moving. All in all the woofer got a little warm nothing more, the gig was great, and everyone had a great time. I will never buy another brand of woofer when I am running a single sub setup. Fi is the best period.

:fing34:

you should post sum pics up!!

x's 2

Pics fosho!

This is my system for now. Peavey FX mixer, Behringer Crossover, CS 2000 Amp, 2 CVA-28 Cerwin Vegas. I have it all in my room for a little surround sound at the moment. Shakes the house pretty good. :dj:

2011-01-14142940.jpg

The box is a slot port. The port was actually as long as the box when i had it tuned around 26hz or so. I cut it back to achieve around 35hz with 133 or so square inches of port area in 8 cubes.

2011-01-14142728.jpg

My amp and mixer are sitting in front of the port in this picture..

2011-01-14142633.jpg

I'll upload a video to my photobucket page sometime when i get a better camera than my phone.

This is my system for now. Peavey FX mixer, Behringer Crossover, CS 2000 Amp, 2 CVA-28 Cerwin Vegas. I have it all in my room for a little surround sound at the moment. Shakes the house pretty good. :dj:

2011-01-14142940.jpg

The box is a slot port. The port was actually as long as the box when i had it tuned around 26hz or so. I cut it back to achieve around 35hz with 133 or so square inches of port area in 8 cubes.

2011-01-14142728.jpg

My amp and mixer are sitting in front of the port in this picture..

2011-01-14142633.jpg

I'll upload a video to my photobucket page sometime when i get a better camera than my phone.

:fing34:

Bad ass sub and amp!

Is that the N2 or the Gen 2's with the UFO magnet? I love my BTL too, beast of a sub.

Is that the N2 or the Gen 2's with the UFO magnet? I love my BTL too, beast of a sub.

It's not the N2.. I think it's the Gen 2.

right on, thats the one i have too, love it. hard to believe the N2 is supposed to sound better but I dont doubt it with the folks at fi.