Audiocontrol 2XS

12" Elemental Designs 13kv4 Subwoofer @ 2ohm - shoulda gone 1 ohm :(

A whole lotta RAAMMAT + Ensolite

US AMPS AX-5600 Review

Good:

-Durable Design - Chrome HS fing05.gif

-Easy to connect / disconnect

-Clean Sound

-Awesome Power - My 12" sub is at 2ohm and is awesome. I almost fear what a 1ohm sub would sound like.

Bad:

-Big - Impossible to put under seats (however I knew this when I bought it so shame on me)

-Fussy with Pioneer 880-PRS headunit; requires soldering to HU ground to get consistent signal strength to the amp. Not a big deal to do, but Pioneer 880-PRS headunits are by no means a fringe customer headunit. Very reputable and used in a LOT of SQ installs. US-AMPS should include a special note in their manual so lazy customers like me don't have to tear apart their dashes twice and solder RCA's in their console. Not fun or easy let me assure you.

-Installed an almost identical speaker setup in a friends car and he used a Memphis Belle MCH600 amp and did not have the problems above and comparable SQ. Considering this AX amp is notably more expensive then the Belle you should look into fixing this Pioneer headunit problem that the Belle does not have (Fussy with Pioneer).

Notes:

PLease don't let me give you the impression that I do not like this amp. It performs fantastically and I could not be happier. I just bring up the negatives so Flakko's engineers can fix it for future models.

What most impressed me about US-AMPS was the customer service I received when I had the Pioneer - AX problem mentioned above and in several other posts on this forum. I called USAMPS expressing my frustration with the amps consistent signal strength fluctuations. Especially when my buddy had a much better sounding system at the time for much less $$ than I paid. Receptionist said their tech support was fully occupied at the moment but if I left my number they would call me ASAP. I gave the number but never really expected to hear back from anyone. Much to my surprise within 5 minutes a gentleman named Greg called me back, identified the problem as some kind of Pioneer ground loop / floating point calculation (????) and gave me clear instructions as to how to fix it (solder RCA negative to headunit screw in back). He said if that did not work I could send the amp directly to him and he would diagnose and fix it ASAP in much sooner time than me sending it back to the seller. Lo and behold the solder worked like magic and I have been rockin' out ever since to a damn fine sounding AMP. :rockwoot:

Flakko,

I've had the misfortune with dealing with customer service reps from far too many electronics manufacturers over the years. However, I can honestly say that the quick and polite customer service I received from US AMPS far exceeded ANYTHING I have gotten from anyone. No 10 minute robot sequence. No being forced to listen to a "you must be an idiot" FAQ. No jerk in India. Nope. I got called back in 5 minutes from a guy who knew his chit. While it was a relatively quick fix, Greg made me feel like I was important and a valued customer, and said HE WOULD DO WHAT IT TAKES TO FIX THE PROBLEM. This is what true customer service is. He should be commended for that.

Sincerely,

Mark

Edited by MarkyMark

this will be up in the reviews section and your concerns as well as your praises will be brought to the attention of teh peeps at usamps.. btw was this a 2007 AX5600 or a previous version?

thanks for the great review man!

Nice review.

this will be up in the reviews section and your concerns as well as your praises will be brought to the attention of teh peeps at usamps.. btw was this a 2007 AX5600 or a previous version?

NP.

I think its a 2005 or 2006 model. It does not have the gunmetal color you have shown somewhere else on this forum.

NP.

I think its a 2005 or 2006 model. It does not have the gunmetal color you have shown somewhere else on this forum.

gotcha!