Sign in to follow this  
flakko

USamps reviews

hey i think this is a great place to put some usamps reviews up. Just state what amp you used, what you liked about it, what you didnt, what you have used before, and compare. I want an HONEST review... dont just go praisin usamps. i want an unbiased reveiw here. :)

ill start you off,,, something at ca.com

http://caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=125340

IS line, good bang for the buck. a little cleaner than i expected for an entry level amp vs many other main stream brands. what i don't like about it (dealer perspective), anyone can go online and get them to their door for less $ than an authorized dealer can get it to his door. fawk that. so far i've heard a few other dealers deciding not to carry us amps any more and i can't argue with that. cause there's other just as good lines out there that don't screw their dealers like that.

MERLIN, again, serious bang for the buck and good sounding.

AX, no explanation needed. lives up to it's reputation.

IS line, good bang for the buck. a little cleaner than i expected for an entry level amp vs many other main stream brands. what i don't like about it (dealer perspective), anyone can go online and get them to their door for less $ than an authorized dealer can get it to his door. fawk that. so far i've heard a few other dealers deciding not to carry us amps any more and i can't argue with that. cause there's other just as good lines out there that don't screw their dealers like that.

MERLIN, again, serious bang for the buck and good sounding.

AX, no explanation needed. lives up to it's reputation.

I see you on FSC.com all the time.

When did you get here? Welcome to SSA!!

hey i think this is a great place to put some usamps reviews up.  Just state what amp you used, what you liked about it, what you didnt, what you have used before, and compare.  I want an HONEST review... dont just go praisin usamps.  i want an unbiased reveiw here. :)

ill start you off,,, something at ca.com

http://caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=125340

another thing i forgot to add is that it doesnt get hot whatsoever even after hours of playing pretty hard

great amp

Old AX all good.

Several fails with DE series amps. Both my Double D's died and have been months with US Amps not repairing them.

Merlins had a 40% fail rate on first batch this is sorted now but i was never sent the details on the promised mods.

First batch IS problems with crossover notch distortion. Again sorted i think. Low quality endcaps.

Old AX all good.

Several fails with DE series amps. Both my Double D's died and have been months with US Amps not repairing them.

Merlins had a 40% fail rate on first batch this is sorted now but i was never sent the details on the promised mods.

First batch IS problems with crossover notch distortion. Again sorted i think. Low quality endcaps.

oh wow.... dang that sux. IM GONNA DELETE THIS POST BECAUSE YOU POSTED SOMETHING BAD ABOUT USAMPS!!

haha j/k

pm me your contact info, and ill see what i can do for you... thats not right... it was probably because usamps was recovering from the near bankrupcy of the previous owner, and there were tons of things goin on at once. things will change now with JR (the General manager) in staff. Scouts honor!

again pm me with your contact info and your problem, and ill try to work some things out for you.

I have a set of TU amps and a DE amp as well for my single 12"

Nothing but joy from the tubes, IMO -my amps sound better than yours- haha, but that's just my opinion. The AX-TU300 is solid and beautiful, the TU4360 is great as well. The warm up time on it seems a bit inconsistant though and one of the channels can lag behind the others (happens to turn out to be the front-left for me). But we're talking like an extra minute on top of the 30 sec. average from being off for a couple days. The oddest -small- detail is that the RCA input's colors are reversed (red for left and white for right) ... I definately did not read the label beside the input on one set (anxious) and turned it on, fiddled around, and noticed that something was backwards with what I was listening to. The 500DE was a step up from a Kicker KX300.2. I love the DE, there is no comparison between the two, the DE owns -simple as that.

Might come back and add on to this later as I think of things.

Same here with the 1st gen DE1000s they dont seem to last. 2 have been back to repair 4 times in a year. I was told there 1ohm mono amps and they go into protect so there ran @ 2ohms and they work fine for 2-4 months and then no output.

IS line ok now did have same problem as trouble.

Merlin so far so good!

I havent tried the AX b/c of the older DE problem.

the problem in the IS was deeper than the xover i believe. but yes, problem has been solved. the amps used to sound like crap at low volumes in lp,hp, or full range.

i think it's more than just the TU's that have the L and R rca colors reversed.

any opinions on the usa 200x?

nope but usa-2000x is one hell of a b east and a clean beast at that

us amps 4300x very clean and underrated power my comps loved them

us amps 150-X (same as 600x) same as above underrated clean as hell and has alot of balls ,these amps are amazing

heres another one by Boris from CA.com... i leave nothing out:

Right of the bat I must thank flakko for an AWESOME deal on a great amp.

This review is being written by a relative noob(me) to car audio who may not be up to speed on the technical terms but knows what he likes and more importantly what he doesn't.

The IS series may be an entry level model of the USAmps line up but looking at it there is no compromise when it comes to quality.

It has all the functions that you may need or want for the front and rear channels(LP,HP,etc....), to obtain a good sounding system and it's easy to configure to a variety of uses. These controls are clearly marked which turned out to be a bonus in a low light situation and easy to get to at any time.

All RCA connections(front, rear and line out) are on the same side of the amp as all the adjustment controls with the speaker and power wires on the opposite which makes for a clean install.

With a slight amount of trimming I was able to connect my 4AWG power wires into the terminals which are spaced a good distance apart and sealed in plastic (no accidental short circuits with a dropped screw driver here).

Both ends of the amp have covers that follow the lines of the amps body and nicely conceal all the wires. They come off with just 2 screws each and in my case will be used to make the install nicer (once all the trim items are done I will post a picture).

Now to the good stuff,

I have this amp running my CDT components up front with a pair of 6x9's in the rear and the sound is simply amazing. Clear, loud without any signs of noise or distortion except for some rattles from my cars interior pieces.

Friends with systems in their cars have complimented on the clarity of my system and when the need arises (which is all the time) this amp pushes quite a bit of volume out of my speakers.

I have run the amp hard for several hours and it took it like a champ staying nice and cool the whole time.

As I'm sure you can see by now I am more than happy with the USAmp IS-4085 and recommend it highly to anyone looking for a 4 channel amp along with the rest of the USAmp line up..

When a manufacturer puts so much effort into the way their product presents it self than just think about the effort that went into making it preform, looks great and works great.

To sum up my rant, the only draw back of installing this amp is that now I need a stronger amp to power my subs as the current one just ain't cutting it.

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.p...432#post1328432

4000x - power hungry whore, not really a daily amp, but neat to bang around the local comps with. Still a badass in a little package. (4k? doubt, but fun anyway)

VLX - 400 Too long *read as big* for the power she makes, and i dont like hardwired amps. At 44", it ranks high on the wow factor i must say. (3200)

Limited prod. Gold Plated 400. One of 4. Mint. Nothing anyone can say bad about this gal. One spectacular piece. Wish i had never parted with. (1200)

DE-1000 bought for resale tested and she banged. Less light dim than any other US rated at 1000w sans the Tripaths. Other than that, just another US to me.

1100T.....wow, efficient little bish, ran ice cold, no light dim, only drawback was the inability to replace the chip if damaged. Never did......

PT-1100's x3 1000+ w of ice cold power at @ 8 ohm steroe 90% efficient? I might buy that. Another set i wish i still had.

US 1000 ..... ran hotter than hell, shut down only once. Beat the crap out of Brahma quite nicely.

US 100 US 200 (and various other metal bottoms) Just your run of the mill OS badass, still kickin, bought used and beat relentlessly, but never died, and paid 100 a piece for on ebay peiece is car audio history. Sold and stolen. Im 32, ive been running thse babies a looong time.

US 200X..... melted my damn DLS mag xovers. Yea, like the rest, shes bad!

I have a list somewhere and i know there are more but this will do, as these were my favorites. I sold the collection to get my house back when we lost it.

TU4360 (old school) and ax2000(05' modded so she can go low)) reviews to follow. They just came in today.

Every single amp was used and probably abused.....if not before, then after i bought. Not one broke or arrived that way.

Thats a hell of a run. I dont give a shti who made it. US Amps makes some nice, clean, built to last amps. The only amp i EVER trusted to buy used. (easy to fix...parts are common)

:coolugh:

The AX2000 is still the bad boy on the block it always was. No doubt in my mind she does rated or better.

Stomps a mudhole in my Treo SSX 1500.1.

Bought off eBay for 380!!!

Factory modded (whatever that means) to go low and take more v.

AFAIC.....no worries with the output, quality, or looks of this amp. To the naysayers....thanks for not believing in US Amps, i enjoy hella deals!

Rating.... Performance 10/10..... as always.

Build quality 10/10 (survived USAC all year and finals)

and now....since the annoying screws are absent replaced by 1/0 or maybe just 0/0, its one hell of alot easier to hook up, and less prone to failure due to ignorance/drunkness/accident.

US Amps 800. Used it for a season to power a 15" Stroker at 1 ohm or a MMats Juugernaut at .7 ohm depending on my mood.

Good - 1. tons of power

2. Hella WOW factor

Bad - 1. Physical Size

Overall this has been my favorite amp to date. I traded a pair of 2000x's for the 800 and a 15" Stroker D2. I would make the trade again in a heartbeat. Ended up selling it on Ebay for a little over $1,000.

1243_46.jpg

Edited by Peteyglad

US Amps 800. Used it for a season to power a 15" Stroker at 1 ohm or a MMats Juugernaut at .7 ohm depending on my mood.

Good - 1. tons of power

2. Hella WOW factor

Bad - 1. Physical Size

Overall this has been my favorite amp to date. I traded a pair of 2000x's for the 800 and a 15" Stroker D2. I would make the trade again in a heartbeat. Ended up selling it on Ebay for a little over $1,000.

1243_46.jpg

Damn I've been looking for one of those to, to bad i didnt see that on e bay

H/U in the trunk...only pimps have H/U's in the trunk

That is a mighty long amp, i wouldnt mind one in my burb, wouldnt take up any room :)

H/U in the trunk...only pimps have H/U's in the trunk

That is a mighty long amp, i wouldnt mind one in my burb, wouldnt take up any room :)

It was an SPL only vehicle so that is the reason for the headunit in the back. That way I could burp it from outside the car. The amp was 44" not including the mounting feet, so roughly 46" overall and roughly 35 pounds. Here is a pic I used to sll the amp on ebay. This was my daughter when she was roughly 6 months old.

1243_49.jpg

I shed a tear when you sold it :(

46", wouldve been perfect....

i figured it was a SPL vehicle, only logical explination