PIEzoo

There are alot of Q vs Bl but I need help too

So before I had a 12" Powerbass running off 400w in a sealed box and it sounded great but was horrible on the lows. Now I was almost dead set on the Q's until I saw everyone saying if you are stuck in-between the BL and the Q to just go for the BL. Either one i get will be fully loaded dual 2 ohm running off a 1000w hifonics Brutus or sundown.

I listen to a lot of Dubstep and rap also i like how my Powerbass sounded clean unlike my friends kickers that can shake a car next to it but just didn't sound full?(I can't think of the right word to describe it, it just didn't sound right)

ps Sorry for the millionth question like this

you should do a search on the forum... But things you should mention are what box type you will use, amp you are using, car you are driving. If people want to help you out and you want people to help you out, you should give a bit more info... ;)

If it was me I'd go for the Q, the reason why most people end telling people to "just go for the BL" is because they are actually looking for high output without sounding like a fart cannon, not because the BL is better than the Q. It terms of objectives, the Q is meant to be more of a better sound output with great volume and the BL more output advantage with a good overall sound.. Again, the things I mentioned in my above post matter and should be more of a factor than just the driver itself...

Sorry its going in a 2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited With JBL synthesis.. The box could be sealed but more than likely it will be ported with the sub and port facing up :ehh: I really can't think of anything else I can include about the setup?

lol... no need to apologize but as far as how you mentioned you original post honestly either driver could fit your needs... If you know that you want insane rattling and boom boom, I think people will guide you towards BL.. I'm not looking for insane output when I pick a driver... If it can shake my mirrors a bit and sound amazing with whatever note of bass it is given, that is the driver I pick... The Icon fit my bill so far, and I'm getting a ported enclosure built to SSA spec soon so I can see what I like more... The driver is in my car to stay... So, you have to decide what is more important, notes or output.. The Q apparently hits all the notes with a tighter punch from reviews/threads I have read and it can get crazy loud depending on the enclosure you use... The BL threads I don't frequent much since the driver is meant for a different setup type than I was totally interested in.

Here are the descriptions direct from Fi's website about the goals each driver was meant for:

Q:

The Q Series of subwoofers is our sound quality reference line. Featuring a hefty high strength single magnet motor structure with a heavily bumped t-yoke, the 27mm of Xmax allows for incredibly detailed, tight, and powerful bass. Triple progressive spiders keep the incredible linear excursion of this sub under control, while the extra heavy lead wire feeds the giant voice coil. With technology pulled from the larger BTL line the new Q has more options than ever before. Hyper chamfer, full cooling, high or low Qts topologies, as well as the ability to add an inductance ring in the high Qts design, there is now even more flexibility within the Q platform. Working well in both small ported and sealed enclosures, you do not have to give up your trunk to have strong bottom octave foundation for the rest of your system. The Q series is the new bottom octave benchmark.

BL:

The BL Series fills the gap between the all out SPL monster and a solid daily driver. Featuring a chamfered solid pole piece and standard double stack motor structure with 8.660" magnets as the foundation for a truly tough subwoofer, you can choose from a variety of options to custom tailor the sub for your exact application. With the addition of the hyper chamfer, or our patent pending heli-cooling channels along with the Daily option, you can bump up the subs thermal capacity for long term daily driving abuse. Looking for an ultra tough SPL sub? Choose the SPL option, the extreme lead wire, one of the 8 layer aluminum flatwind voicecoils, add power, and let it rip. With head cracking upper bass and brutal low end, the BL handles the extremes with ease.

Be sure to let us know how you like it. Pics would be cool too. :drink40:

Be sure to let us know how you like it. Pics would be cool too. :drink40:

Good to hear and ^^this^^ .... :)

So before I had a 12" Powerbass running off 400w in a sealed box and it sounded great but was horrible on the lows. Now I was almost dead set on the Q's until I saw everyone saying if you are stuck in-between the BL and the Q to just go for the BL. Either one i get will be fully loaded dual 2 ohm running off a 1000w hifonics Brutus or sundown.

I listen to a lot of Dubstep and rap also i like how my Powerbass sounded clean unlike my friends kickers that can shake a car next to it but just didn't sound full?(I can't think of the right word to describe it, it just didn't sound right)

ps Sorry for the millionth question like this

You are definitely a BL buyer and not a Q buyer.

I ended up getting the Q :) haha

Ouch. Sounds like for the wrong reasons. Perhaps it isn't too late to change.