Brett_the_Vandal

Back To Basics (1974 Dodge Charger)

That seems kinda far back. Maybe it's just the angle but I think I would have made it a bit more up close and extend the console back. That way you can have a larger surface for some switches, voltmeter, etc. Nonetheless, great start. I'll be watching to see where this one goes. :popcorn:

Stockley - It is kinda far back. But I'm pretty set on it right now. If i decide i dont like it. I may remake the whole thing later. lol. But it's in a decent place for now. I'm still playin with it. Its not together or anything wont be for a few days. And thanks for the input. That's actually one of my bigger concerns is comfort of use.

I may see where i can get with just new sides. And see if it brings it forward enough without having a new front. But bringing it forward and not making it taller. May present a problem of its own. I'll have to experiment with it. I'll keep the thread updated.

Edited by Brett_the_Vandal

personally i probably would have made a nice mold and everything and just fiberglassed that hump into a center console and put cup holders/switches/etc on it. something like this but without the huge screen lol 23670580013_large.jpg

Yeah Yeah. Make fun of my dirty ass gold carpet. lolol. Idc.

And good idea Julian. Too bad i havent the slightest idea how to fiberglass. lol. Otherwise i would do that.

Alrighty then. I know its been a while since I've updated. And its been a while since i've worked on this. lol. But i finally got the last 2 pieces (top and back) cut out last night. Then i took the whole thing to school today and glued it together. As my shop teacher has much better clamps and the size i needed. As those clamps are like 30 bucks apiece at Lowes. =/ Lame. So anyway. heres the pics. In order.

Used Titebond III on all joints. And just glued them. No screws. Gonna fill any and all cracks/imperfections. Sand it all perfect. Then paint it flat black. All in due time of course. lol.

DSCN0076.jpg

DSCN0075.jpg

DSCN0077.jpg

DSCN0078.jpg

DSCN0079.jpg

DSCN0081.jpg

this is the absolute slowest built of 5 peices of wood i have ever seen. lmao.

Massive car, good luck on the build!

Daily. At the time there happened to be a giant snow storm that trapped me in my house for like 3 days. Couldn't get to school to use the clamps and such to glue it together. But yeah. Other than the fact that it took rightfully longer than it should have. Its actually been completed for some time now. I just never took pics of it. Or really finished it. Its just in the car as it was when it got done gluing. Needs sanded and painted. I'm just too lazy to take it out and do it. lol. Damn me and my lazyness. Thanks for all the encouragement guys!!